Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC One - Lockscreen Controls Inconsistent/Disappear

HTC One - Lockscreen Controls Inconsistent/Disappear

I'm running Spotify on a stock HTC One (4.1.2) which has HTC's implementation of Android lockscreen music controls. Any player that supports ICS/JB lockscreen controls shows them on the HTC One's lockscreen. Spotify, however, shows them very inconsistently. For example, if I play something, then turn of the screen and turn it on again, the controls will likely be there. if I unlock the screen, then lock it again, odds are, they'll be gone. I can't seem to pin down what causes this, but it drives me crazy. Every other app keeps the controls there while music is playing, reliably.

Can the Android dev team look further into this please? Thanks!

8 Replies

Hi there, and welcome to the community!

I don't have this issue on my SGS2 with CM 10.1.3. It's possible it's a HTC bug.

Liam

I'd like to think it's not HTC's fault, as Spotify is the only music playing app this is an issue with. I've used numerous other apps which do not have this problem.

I get something similar with my SGS4. 

I'm brand new to samsung phones so most likely I'm doing something wrong.

I've only had the lock screen music controls appear once yet for spotify so I'm starting to wonder if I wasn't dreaming or something.

Does it depend on wether you have earphones with a remote on?

I've got exactly the same problem. On top of that my Spotify widget continuously grays out so that I have to reopen the app. So annoying! Deezer seems to be having no issues with that.

Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam

Also using HTC one I should've mentioned...

Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam

Hi I have the same problem on my 1st Gen Moto X. It's very annoying when I'm driving and I want to skip a song I have to enter my lock pin and go into the app and skip the song. Noted that its not safe for me to be messing with my phone while I'm driving.

The Lockscreen controls appear for a while right after I turn on Spotify, play a song and then lock my phone. But then the screen turns off and once the phone has been locked for a while if I press the power button to awaken it the lockscreen controls are gone and I'm back to my regular lockscreen and can't access Spotify until I enter my password.

I wish it would either just keep the screen lit the whole time its playing and connected via the headphone jack or it would just stay on as the lockscreen even after the screen turns off so that I don't need to fiddle with entering a password to change a song. Very annoying.

Forgot to add that I'm running Android 4.4.4 not KitKat so its not just a KitKat problem.

@phenixwars wrote:
Hi I have the same problem on my 1st Gen Moto X. It's very annoying when I'm driving and I want to skip a song I have to enter my lock pin and go into the app and skip the song. Noted that its not safe for me to be messing with my phone while I'm driving.

The Lockscreen controls appear for a while right after I turn on Spotify, play a song and then lock my phone. But then the screen turns off and once the phone has been locked for a while if I press the power button to awaken it the lockscreen controls are gone and I'm back to my regular lockscreen and can't access Spotify until I enter my password.

I wish it would either just keep the screen lit the whole time its playing and connected via the headphone jack or it would just stay on as the lockscreen even after the screen turns off so that I don't need to fiddle with entering a password to change a song. Very annoying.

Hi, this is the Android process closing down the hook as it is more agressive when the screen is off. You can change the delay on your timeout (alternatively have a look at this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Screen-always-on-keep-screen-on/idc-p/954573#M61455 ).

FYI - Android 4.4.4 is KitKat 😉

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts