Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hefty battery drain.

Solved!

Hefty battery drain.

Not sure how battery drain is suppose to be, but playing music for 20 minutes should not drain the battery that much.

Spotify also keeps on draining while note playing.

Phone is a galaxy s2 running stable version of Slimkat/slimroms, 4.4.2.

Screenshot_2014-03-07-17-35-30.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'd recommend going back to the stock ROM and seeing if that makes a difference, particularly as Spotify can't offer support for custom ROMs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm having the same problem - seems to be something to do with Slimkat on the i9100.

See http://forum.slimroms.net/topic/1490-spotify-stops-playing-and-draining-battery/

seems to be a kitkat related problem. a nexus 5 stock user faces the same issue:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-for-Android-causing-massive-battery-drain-and-h...

Hey khaiern,

I would recommend that, if you use Spotify Premium, be sure you're not streaming in really high quality, as that can drain your battery more (and can be changed in the Settings menu). Of course, if you are using Spotify Premium (or wanted to start), you could also download your playlists to your phone and listen offline, which would help curb the drain on your battery due to 3G/4G/WiFi use. 

Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't be much help. It very well may be a problem with the OS. 

I wanted to remind you also that this issue has been brought up in other posts so I would recommend next time contributing to another post instead of starting your own -- one post with multiple contributors is likely to get a better response than many posts with few contributors.

Thanks and good luck!

-mmiles19

--mmiles19

Ain't no party like an EDM party cuz' an EDM party don't stop!

Hey mmiles19,

Thanks for the reply

As for your suggestion everything is downloaded and played locally as offline. 

As for other posts, of those I found none of them had the issue with slimkat and they are either half a year old or a year old.

Android roms and spotify versions changes from day to day, week to week, so contributing to a so old post won't help anyone.

I thinks it would just draw the focus of the original post or the new message won't get noticed at all.

-khaiern

Marked as solution

I'd recommend going back to the stock ROM and seeing if that makes a difference, particularly as Spotify can't offer support for custom ROMs.

thats a good point, but what about the guy with the nexus 5 on stock rom having the exact same issue? is there anybody using a kitkat rom, that doesnt experience this? i guess kitkat isnt on too many devices yet...

I have android 4.4.2 on both my devices and they work fine. I had an issue on my Nexus a while back - it was almost too hot to hold and I discovered that musixmatch, which I had installed, was responsible. I think you'll find that android 4.4 is installed on far more devices than you think.

I'm sorry, but the newer version of Spotify seems to make things worse.

Runing on a Google Nexus 5, unrooted.

I used to be able to run Spotify locally (all downloaded playlists) for at least 8 hours straight and still have a charge.

Now it barely lasts 3-4 hours.

What's up with that? 😞

Hi. ANy chance of a screen capture of the Battery display showing this?

Suggested posts