Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hemorrhaging data

Solved!

Hemorrhaging data

Hey Guys,

I am unsure if this is the place to post this - but I have noticed that this month alone, my Spotify has incurred 8.5GB of background data, which is up 50% from last month with minimal increase in usage. I have incurred $30 in overages with my carrier because of this. I have had to uninstall the app just to save grace. Please advise.

Last Update Google references is May 24th, which is this billing cycle I am having an issue with.

Device: OnePlus 2

Android Version: 6.0.1

I have attached screenshots

If any further information is needed, please let me know. 

Screenshot_20170611-114056.png
Screenshot_20170611-114102.png
Screenshot_20170611-114108.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If your screen is off, or if you are using another app, it is considered as "background".

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you are streaming music, that will do it. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

That gets listed under Background Data? Wouldn't that be forground when I am actively streaming? 

Marked as solution

If your screen is off, or if you are using another app, it is considered as "background".

Suggested posts