Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home screen - Something not working

Home screen - Something not working

This is a reccurent issue. 

Every time I launch the app the home screen display's "sorry, something went wrong. - That didn't work. Please have another go"

Other tabs work fine. But this one never updates and I have the same message over and over again. I just can never use the home tab.

Screenshot_2016-05-24-09-42-55.png

Model - Samsung Galaxy note 4 - Android 5.1.1

Spotify - 5.3.0.995

8 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I try to fresh reinstall clearing cache everything and I'm still getting that what's going on here guys get the get it working because we're paying premium prices $10 a month is a lot to pay for a service that isn't working correctly I love the service but I mean come on guys make sure your apps working correctly this is not a problem since the update let's get on this and get it fixed thank you

I have the exact same problem. Running Version 5.9.0.774 on a Sony Xperia X. All the other tabs work fine but the home tab. I get the same error message as shown above. I don't even have the option to fully uninstall it and re-install it clean again. Only thing I can do is disable or enable it.

Hey @1flybuckeye I'm guessing Spotify was preinstalled by your service provider, Are you able to clear cache and data from the application manager. Also worth deleting the four folders listed here under reinstallation heading.

Hi

SS Galaxy S7.  Android 6.0.1.  Spotify version 6.1.0.1088 armv7

Tried the steps outlined in the guide - incl uninstall / cache clear / clearing offline devices on www and reinstalling.

No joy  Home Screen tab still not working - thogh other tabs do. Not Quite the Premium Experience I have been sold.  Pls fix and issue and update!

Hi. Do you get exactly the same error as shown in the screen capture in the first post?

Yes, Joe.  I gett he exact same error message on the home screen as shown above

Hmmm...I've had that a couple of times but it seemed to fix itself when I exited and restarted spotify. Try simply restarting your phone and if that doesn't work, try a clean reinstall inscluding deleting the folders detailed in this post.

If you still have problems, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts