Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I make spotify not switch when I open it on another device?

How can I make spotify not switch when I open it on another device?

This newest update is trash, let's start with that.

I have never noticed this issue before, but now it seems almost constant.

At work I'm usually playing spotify from my desktop computer, but I also have it downloaded on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s20). Since the last update my phone will always display the song that's playing on my spoitfy on my dropdown, even when I'm not using spotify on my phone, and its just annoying and gets in the way. It's fine if I'm actually using the phone to play spotify, but if I'm not, I don't want to see it.

And it won't let me swipe it away, not unless I open the app which automatically switches spotify from playing on my desktop to the headphones connected to my phone. Then I have to close out of the app, it finally lets me swipe away the song playing banner on my phone (temporarily), and then I have to go back to my desktop to get the music playing on it again.

Is there anything I can do to make this stop. FYI I have spotify connect disabled already. 

1 Reply

Hey @thestory

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

First step we recommend is logging out from all devices and then logging back in. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between the devices and our account system.

If this persists after logging out everywhere, try running a clean reinstall of Spotify on both your devices. This will get you the latest app version and remove any corrupted cache that could be causing the issue. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts