Premium Duo

Country

Colombia

Device

Huawei Y9 2019

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I have recently moved to Premium, and something I have liked is the synced lyrics option. But I cannot help but notice that there are some songs that either have a wrong lyric line here and there, show the line incomplete or even have completely wrong lyrics attached to them.

One example of this is https://open.spotify.com/track/0CCTxJDIasYNAnMOWNZvbX?si=-Hd4-tRWTsGAhCoX4uXsGw where the song, interpreted in this musical, has lyrics that are different from the original Radio Gaga song by Queen. Yet the lyrics it shows and the times it uses to show them are based on the original song, not the musical one that is actually playing.

My Question is: Is there any way to either report when this happens or even better to submit the change myself? That'd really be worth it in my opinion. 

Top Answer
Alex
Spotify Legend

Hey @Ratatosk,

Thanks for the post and for sharing this feedback with the Community!

We still recommend reaching out directly to Musixmatch about this, since they're the ones who can update the lyrics.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again.

22 Replies

Hey @SamGomez, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear this. You're able to report the content following these steps.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Funny, I spoke to an agent on Chat and he told me to come to the community board .. and now that I'm on the community board, you say go back to the chat. Infinite loop.

Anyways, TOOONS of wrong lyrics I see all the time. And really embarrassing spelling mistakes. How do we actually report?! 

Shouldn't there be an easy automated way instead of having to initiate a chat with an agent each time?

Hi @16stone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Since the date of the reply posted by @Billy-J until this day, there are new alternatives to report errors in lyrics. 

Right now, all reports regarding wrong lyrics can be done directly with the lyrics provider, which in most cases is Musixmatch. You can review this by opening any lyrics, scrolling to the bottom and checking the section Licensed & Provided by _provider name_

If you've confirmed the provider is Musixmatch, you can follow these steps to report the lyrics.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So the lyrics that are wrong that I want to report/correct is attributed to Musixmatch, but when I look at the lyrics on their site, they are not the same, there are even more errors in the version presented there. The track is Robyn/Röyksopp - Monument.

Hey @Ratatosk,

Thanks for the post and for sharing this feedback with the Community!

We still recommend reaching out directly to Musixmatch about this, since they're the ones who can update the lyrics.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have seen the same things, on so many songs, and it really doesn’t reflect well on Spotify as a brand.

The latest instance is the Frank Zappa song Bobby Brown goes down, where the Spotify lyrics are so different from the Musixmatch version it seems almost as if Spotify has been hacked! Someone has been playing games with the Spotify text. The Musixmatch lyrics are still correct if you do a search for the song.

please make a correctness check of all your lyrics!

You need to have an easy way to report wrong lyrics and an automated way within the app there are so many errors like bro come on it's not hard to do your job right! Bruh please don't make users do your dirty work unless you're going to start paying them!

TBH most of the lyrics sites have poor quality control, anyone can edit the texts regardless of language proficiency, hearing or common sense. Lyrics CAN be confusing sometimes even if true, but most errors seems to come from people just not paying attention to what's sang or if what they write makes any sense at all.

My advice is blunt: Stop looking at the lyrics. They're an absolute mess and they'll just wind you up!

At first I tried to report them too, but all I got told was that they're sourced from a third party, Musixmatch. So, I went there and fixed the lyrics on a couple of songs (Jamiroquai - Stop Don't Panic, and Rich White Ladies - *White Powder Perm spring to mind, and they're still an incoherent mess on Spotify) , that was utterly pointless as Spotify seems to get the lyrics once and not ever check for updates. Looks like Musixmatch rely largely on freelancers to check and add their content, so they're probably overworked, underpaid, and past caring. I genuinely would fix mistakes I notice if it had any effect but it doesn't so I'm head-in-the-sanding this one, join me! 

Too sad to hear that Spotify never check for updates ;-(  Please fix it, Spotify engineers.

Your solution doesn't work. The lyics in question are for the song "Black Coffee - Single Version" by Peggy Lee. The lyrics provided through Spotify are for a completely different song. At the end if the lyrics it states "Licensed and provided by Musixmatch". But there is no button/ link to correct them.The link to the Musixmatch instructions in your post say to click on a button/ link to suggest corrections. But there is no button/ link to correct them. 

You need to have access to Musixmatch studio if you want to correct yourself.
The link I posted before includes listeners
About MM studio and follow the link in link

https://support.musixmatch.com/article/339-musixmatch-studio-get-started

MONTHS later, and still an issue... Spotify, why not use Genius? Better site than Musixmatch, and you guys know it too, since IT'S NOT USER GENERATED CONTENT UNLIKE GENIUS!!!!!

Faces by Namnambulu has lyrics from a COMPLETELY different song where none of the lyrics are the same at all. SAD!

Genius is user-generated, just like Musixmatch.

As there's no report lyrics button for incorrect lyrics, I would also like to point out the acoustic version of Montauk by Bayside's lyrics are also incorrectly synced. There seems to be no true reason (other than the fact that, like before, Spotify was using the sync for the original song, and acoustic songs usually have different timing, a good example being for All My Friends Are Nobodies and the 'acoustic-ish' version by zebrahead), and no report button (there was technically one, but for illegally explicit content), so I just wanted to point this out from here.

Thank you!

The lyrics on Skrizzly Adams Home to You are for a totally different song

Same. Bobby Freeman "Do You Wanna Dance" has lyrics to totally wrong song.

I'm not signing up for a different account just to report this. Spotify take some responsibility for this; provide an easy way for your users to report egregious errors like this.

Surely a company as big and successful as Spotify can afford a better source of lyrics than the crowd-sourced and wildly inaccurate MusixMatch. The incorrect lyrics all over Spotify are pathetic.

Suggested posts