Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to BLOCK (not toggle/disable) Canvas on Android phone

How to BLOCK (not toggle/disable) Canvas on Android phone

How to BLOCK (not toggle/disable) Canvas on Android phone.

We have provided the kids with Android phones to access Spotify and one other app only. The phones are locked down using an app called "Fully Kiosk Browser and App Lockdown" and I can lock individual apps and system apps (e.g. com.android.egg).

The kids are using the normal Spotify app (not Spotify Kids app) and we're on a Family Spotify subscription.

The kids admit to being "addicted" to the Canvas videos so I can't trust them not to re-enable Canvas in Settings.

I am reasonably tech savvy and I am comfortable blocking ports and urls, configuring custom DNS servers etc. I have a Fritz!box 7490 router.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies

Hi there @toniaxis,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We understand your concern. There is currently no way block the Canvas option for certain accounts on your Family plan. 

If you think that the short videos on some songs might be offensive or inappropriate you can report them by following the steps in this Article. You might also consider disabling explicit content for the accounts of your children. More info on that - here.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, please consider implementing the possibility to restrict access to the canvas feature! 

Best regards 

/Tomas 

It seems like Spotify has a very limited ability to offer children who are going out of the Spotify Kids app, but then it is full on for them from 13+ (can Spotify please enable Plan Members the ability to disable canvus on Family Members) - thanks. 

Suggested posts