Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to SWITCH OFF SHUFFLE completely?

How to SWITCH OFF SHUFFLE completely?

I am wondering how i can switch off SHUFFLE and which indicator shows me that SHIFFLE IS OFF. Whithin my android app theres always a green shuffle button shown. Tapping on this button results in nothing. Neither a color change of the button nor an other indicator showing that SHUFFLE is off.
So how can i turn it off?
10 Replies

Well we have the same problem. Spotify help community is useful aye! If you found out how to get rid of this annoying feature please let me know.

Hey. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

The ability to turn off shuffle mode and listen to tracks without it on mobile is a feature exclusive to Premium subscriptions. Shuffle Mode cannot be turned off on Spotify Free when listening to music on mobile. You can read more about the different Spotify subscriptions by clicking here.

I have a premium subscription, how can I get rid of the shuffle play button and just play albums and playlists in their correct order? The only way to do it currently seems to be on an individual album basis - start playing it on shuffle, then turn shuffle off.  Not sustainable. 

Make sure that shuffle is off on the Now Playing screen. To play an album or playlist just tap the first song you want to listen to, do not tap the big green "shuffle play button.

Take a look at this tutorial covering the spotify basics.

I have premium and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch off the large, annoying big green shuffle button, any insight sould be appreciated

You can't get rid of the annoying large green shuffle button. This was requested some years ago in the ideas section but gained no support. You could try again.

Hi there  

I'm a premium user but I can only play shuffle. I have tried to hold in the grey button but it doesn't go off. 

How do I chance it? 

Oh. 

On the player there is a little sign  green that has to be pushed to grey. 

Does not exist on my android

Get a tablet.. Tablet plays the songs in the order they're displayed unless you tap the shuffle button and the best thing is you dont need premium. 

Suggested posts