Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline

A che serve impostare Spotify sulla modalita offline se posso ascoltare i brani scaricati anche semplicemente spegnendo i dati e la Wi Fi senza attivare la modalita offline?

• A che serve impostare Spotify sulla modalita offline se posso ascoltare i brani scaricati anche semplicemente spegnendo i dati e la Wi Fi senza attivare la modalita offline?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist keeps playing

When I go to spotify it shows a song is playing even though I am not hearing it or wanting to hear it. I feel it is draining my phone battery. What do I do to keep it from draining my battery? Janet

• When I go to spotify it shows a song is playing even though I am not hearing it or wanting to hear it.  I feel it is draining my phone battery.  What do I do to keep it from draining my bat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotfiy Logs Me Out

Alright, so after the most recent update, I was logged out of my Spotify account. I tried to log back in, which worked for all of three seconds before it logged me back out and again and told me my password/username was wrong. It clearly ISN'T, since...

• Alright, so after the most recent update, I was logged out of my Spotify account. I tried to log back in, which worked for all of three seconds before it logged me back out and again and told me my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

on Chromecast audio spotify only skips music

Since a few days when I play spotify on my chromecast audio, music is not played, but only skipped. Spotify is very busy skipping music, but does not play a thing. This always worked fine. My phone with spotify is a Huawei P8 Lite.

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days when I play spotify on my chromecast audio, music is not played, but only skipped. Spotify is very busy skipping music, but does not play a thing. This always worked fine. My phone w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Unable to get Spotify Unlimited on my Android phone despite already being a subscriber

I have Spotify installed on my PC at home and have been subscribed to Spotify Unlimited for a few years now. I recently installed the app on my Galaxy S7 and despite logging in with my usual details, found that I can only get the 'Free' service that ...

• I have Spotify installed on my PC at home and have been subscribed to Spotify Unlimited for a few years now. I recently installed the app on my Galaxy S7 and despite logging in with my usual det...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't delete data

every time i attempt to clear my data it only logs me out and does not clear my saved music, i just want to start over

• every time i attempt to clear my data it only logs me out and does not clear my saved music, i just want to start over
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Storage" Option no longer available after update

Option to Store to internal memory or SD card is now completely gone rendering me unable to listen to music without Wifi, which is almost all the time. This happens after EVERY update and I don't understand it. So frustrating. Galaxy S5Android 6.0.1S...

• Option to Store to internal memory or SD card is now completely gone rendering me unable to listen to music without Wifi, which is almost all the time. This happens after EVERY update and I don't und...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Save or Download from Spotify Premium

Hi, Had Spotify for a long time now without any real issues. But ATM every time I go to save / download a song or album / playlist the app closes. Any ideas? Is it a bad update and is there another due soon? Simon

• Hi,  Had Spotify for a long time now without any real issues. But ATM every time I go to save / download a song or album / playlist the app closes.  Any ideas? Is it a bad update and is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Triple clicking the play/pause button should rewind!

People have been asking about this for ages. Such a simple thing. Spotify why hasn't this been added in yet??

• Casual Listener
  • People have been asking about this for ages. Such a simple thing. Spotify why hasn't this been added in yet??
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • So basic features that really should have always been there
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Chromecast and Home stopped working

Spotify stopped working over Chromecast and Google Home:- Android app shows connection to Chromecast, but when selecting play - the screen jumps through multiple songs and no audio is heard- Same issue over Google Home- Other apps/sources still work ...

• Spotify stopped working over Chromecast and Google Home: -  Android app shows connection to Chromecast, but when selecting play - the screen jumps through multiple songs and no audio is heard ...
  • robotfortress
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

I need to change the language of the emails they send me.

Hey there, ever since I moved to turkey Spotify is sending me emails in Turkish and I didn't find a way to change the language. Does anyone know the solution.

• Hey there, ever since I moved to turkey Spotify is sending me emails in Turkish and I didn't find a way to change the language. Does anyone know the solution.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I broke my phone, still usable, but I cant download songs, because I cant find the button...

How can I download through pc onto my phone without touching the download button on my phone? I wish this was a thing from the start off..... Should be like a sync through networking, like Steam has it, you download a game, progress, download the gam...

• How can I download through pc onto my phone without touching the download button on my phone?   I wish this was a thing from the start off..... Should be like a sync through networking, like S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont Go Online or sign in on Galaxy s4

Since march 8th its been saying im always offline only on my phone, anywhere else is perfectly fine , i tried to log out and sign back in but everytime i put my info in it restarts the app so i can never sign back in

• Casual Listener
  • Since march 8th its been saying im always offline only on my phone, anywhere else is perfectly fine , i tried to log out and sign back in but everytime i put my info in it restarts the app so i can n...
  • RyanH21
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in Offline Mode, will quit using spotify if not fixed.

Hi I have a subscription at Spotify, just so that I can sync stuff to my phone. However, I've been stuck in offline mode for days and I've tried all the "solutions" provided on this website and nothing works. I'm tired of the app being broken.. I'll ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a subscription at Spotify, just so that I can sync stuff to my phone. However, I've been stuck in offline mode for days and I've tried all the "solutions" provided on this website and nothi...
  • AdolfoDuran
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Android App sucks....

I've been a user of Spotify for about 2 weeks now. I love it. I made the switch from Google Play to this.The desktop version is great!The Android version. Well. It's soo bad I'm contemplating moving back to Google Play.I cannot seem to reach out to a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a user of Spotify for about 2 weeks now. I love it. I made the switch from Google Play to this. The desktop version is great! The Android version. Well. It's soo bad I'm contemplating...
  • NapCoordinator
  • 11 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 10 likes

Keeps disconnecting from chromecast AND they removed Running

SO my ecosystem has gone from iOS to Android. I now have Google Pixel 2, Google Home Mini, Chromecast and Google Wifi. All of thes devices work so well together. I listen to Spotify all the time and the fact that I can't get the daily playlists to pl...

• Regular
  • SO my ecosystem has gone from iOS to Android.  I now have Google Pixel 2, Google Home Mini, Chromecast and Google Wifi.  All of thes devices work so well together.  I listen to Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast finding problem

Two days ago I listened Spotify with chromecast. I choosed a song and picked chromecast as an availeble device using my phone to control music. Everything has been working with chromecast for a long time. ( Only sometimes had to clear the memory. )Wh...

• Regular
  • Two days ago I listened Spotify with chromecast.  I choosed a song and picked chromecast as an availeble device using my phone to control music. Everything has been working with chromecast for a...
  • KaiKoskine
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

No internet connexion

Hello, Since yesterday, as soon as I open the app it says that I'm not connected to the internet... But as you can see, I am connected amd it works really well.I have a premium account so I wish I could still use it but nothing is working.I tried to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Since yesterday, as soon as I open the app it says that I'm not connected to the internet... But as you can see, I am connected amd it works really well. I have a premium account so ...
  • emmanuel05
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Pixel Android 7.1

I just received my Google Pixel running Android 7.1. I started to set up spotify. I am able to log without issue and play music inside the app. The problem that I have is that I tried to set up the widget on my home screen to control the music. The w...

• I just received my Google Pixel running Android 7.1.  I started to set up spotify.  I am able to log without issue and play music inside the app.  The problem that I have is that I tri...
  • Sigi2962
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes

Not sound on Google home and Chromecast

Can't play any music over Google home or Chromecast.Reinstalled ect ect. Could someone please help.Premium account....10€ a month and not working.No helpdesk or phone help.

• Can't play any music over Google home or Chromecast. Reinstalled ect ect.   Could someone please help. Premium account....10€ a month and not working. No helpdesk or phone help. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes