Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing when on other apps

I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried reinstalling, relogging but nothing has yet solved this...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried rein...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist defaulting to Discover Weekly

I am using Spotify on an Shield K1 that I've had for a couple of years. Just recently, whenever I select the playlist option from my library, I am defaulted to go into the discover weekly playlist. I can't get back to my playlist listings. If I stop ...

• I am using Spotify on an Shield K1 that I've had for a couple of years.  Just recently, whenever I select the playlist option from my library, I am defaulted to go into the discover weekly playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Being redirected to the login screen

When I try to login to Spotify app on my phone (Sony Xperia z5) I can't pass beyond the login screen. I login using Facebook, it redirects me to a page that says "you logged in previously using Facebook. Do you want to continue?" I click yes, it goes...

• When I try to login to Spotify app on my phone (Sony Xperia z5) I can't pass beyond the login screen. I login using Facebook, it redirects me to a page that says "you logged in previously using Faceb...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated to Android 8.0.0 . All offline songs stopped working.

I updated to Android 8.0.0 and all was fine, my offline music was all still showing as downloaded, and had the green arrow next to it, but when I selected one to play it would play only nothing. The song then greyed out on the list of songs. I have r...

• Gig Goer
  • I updated to Android 8.0.0 and all was fine, my offline music was all still showing as downloaded, and had the green arrow next to it, but when I selected one to play it would play only nothing. The ...
  • chiefjoboo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Me sale un "error de descarga por almacenamiento"

Me sale que hay un error y no me deja descargar todas las canciones que tenia y se me borran las canciones, pero no las playlist, tengo un samsung j2 y una memoria que esta vacia y la uso nada mas para spotify pero se me borra todo y tengo premium y ...

• Me sale que hay un error y no me deja descargar todas las canciones que tenia y se me borran las canciones, pero no las playlist, tengo un samsung j2 y una memoria que esta vacia y la uso nada mas pa...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant - Spotify Song Radio

When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing subsequent to the original requested song. Is there...

• Casual Listener
  • When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing ...
  • Tsmltc
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home
    Spotify Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Trying to find a widget

I was reading a blog post on an android site and saw a screen shot with what appears to be a Spotify widget. Just curious if anyone knows what widget it is..

nova-settings-subgrid-step-1.jpg
  • Regular
  • I was reading a blog post on an android site and saw a screen shot with what appears to be a Spotify widget. Just curious if anyone knows what widget it is..  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem logging in to Android app - PC browser access to account is fine

So I try to log in to the app in my Android phone and it keeps complaining that the ID or password are invalid. They work perfectly for me to access my account on spotify.com.Then Spotify has to customer care number! I'm a premium customer (for now),...

• Casual Listener
  • So I try to log in to the app in my Android phone and it keeps complaining that the ID or password are invalid. They work perfectly for me to access my account on spotify.com. Then Spotify has to cu...
  • fasanell
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto play at startup

Is there a way to have spotify, at start up, to automatically start playing a playlist or radio statio?

• Is there a way to have spotify, at start up,  to  automatically start playing a playlist or radio statio? 
  • ExtremistPain
  • 5 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 23 likes

Get Alexa to play only from my library.

Hello! Does anyone know what command I need to use to get Alexa to play songs only from my Spotify library or from my songs? I’m not talking about playlists, I mean that if I want to listen to someone with a large back catalogue (like the Beatles, fo...

• Visitor
  • Hello! Does anyone know what command I need to use to get Alexa to play songs only from my Spotify library or from my songs? I’m not talking about playlists, I mean that if I want to listen to someon...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When I'm in a other app spotify crashes

When I'm listening to spotify and I'm in a other app spotify crashes and does'n work , I'm a premium user for this

• When I'm listening to spotify and I'm in a other app spotify crashes and does'n work , I'm a premium user for this
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists do not actually get deleted

Even if you delete a playlist, it is still accessible if you keep the share link to it.This is extremely frustrating and is across all platforms (Web, Android, PC/Mac)If I delete something the expectation is that it is no longer accessible by anyone.

• Regular
  • Even if you delete a playlist, it is still accessible if you keep the share link to it. This is extremely frustrating and is across all platforms (Web, Android, PC/Mac) If I delete something th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skipping Samsung

My songs in spotify skip like a scratched cd, I've adjusted my unmonitered apps and cleared my cache and the issue persists

• My songs in spotify skip like a scratched cd, I've adjusted my unmonitered apps and cleared my cache and the issue persists
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App Plays Artists I Didn't Search For

I know that without Premium, the only way to listen on an app is through Shuffle Play. Previously, that just meant I would listen to a particular artist's catalogue in a random order; which is totally fine with me! However. Recently, once I hit the S...

• I know that without Premium, the only way to listen on an app is through Shuffle Play. Previously, that just meant I would listen to a particular artist's catalogue in a random order; which is totall...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts: Single episodes on mobile device

Hello everyone, maybe i'm just too stupid, but is there a way to listen to single podcast episodes? I deactivated "AutoPlay", but as soon as I start an episode of my favorite podcast, spotify lists up all episodes and won't stop playing.Yes, i could ...

• Hello everyone,   maybe i'm just too stupid, but is there a way to listen to single podcast episodes?   I deactivated "AutoPlay", but as soon as I start an episode of my favorite podcas...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Premium User forced to shuffle

Hi, I am nearly at my wits end. I am a Premium user and never had any issues until the latest update. I run Spotify on my MacBook Pro, Samung Galaxy Tab 3.0, and Samsung S3 phone. I consider myself tech savvy but for the life of me cannot get rid of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am nearly at my wits end.  I am a Premium user and never had any issues until the latest update.  I run Spotify on my MacBook Pro, Samung Galaxy Tab 3.0, and Samsung S3 phone. &nbsp...
  • Jankers
  • 37 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Offline Devices
    Premium
    shuffle
  • 37 replies
  • 2 likes

I will have to change my music listening program if this continues...

so recently i have been experiencing my spotify will pause and play and switch, it literally even turns up my music and my RINGTONE...without me touching my phone. this is bothering me so much. i have read every single forum and they do not answer my...

• so recently i have been experiencing my spotify will pause and play and switch, it literally even turns up my music and my RINGTONE...without me touching my phone. this is bothering me so much. i hav...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login / stuck at login screen

Hi, I can' seem to login, Every time I typed in my username and password or email and password it says logging in then goes back to login screen. I recently moved from Malaysia to australia, could that be the problem ?

• Hi, I can' seem to login, Every time I typed in my username and password or email and password it says logging in then goes back to login screen. I recently moved from Malaysia to australia, could th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running gone

I can longer find the running feature. I used it 3 days ago and today when I went for a run it was gone. No longer in my history and no longer found through browse. How Do I get it back?

• Casual Listener
  • I can longer find the running feature. I used it 3 days ago and today when I went for a run it was gone. No longer in my history and no longer found through browse. How Do I get it back?
  • Nikkb
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Where did my podcasts go with recent update?

Samsung Galaxy S5Android Version 6.0.1Spotify App Version 8.4.42.722 I cannot find my podcast playlist.

• Regular
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Version 6.0.1 Spotify App Version 8.4.42.722   I cannot find my podcast playlist.
  • jonathan92591
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes