Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to see Local files by Folders?

How to see Local files by Folders?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have many local mp3 organized by folders. When trying to add a file to a playlist, Local Files playlist ignores Folders and just shows the plain list with all files that makes the adding process very complicated. It would be good if Local Files playlist can be grouped by Folder and there is a possibility to add all files in a Folder to my Spotify playlist.

Another useful feature is possibility to sort Local Files by Added Time. In this case it would be easier to find recently added local files.

2 Replies

Hey @puks

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Right now, it's not possible to see your Local files by folders as you see them on your PC. 

On another note, it seems like the Community folks have already gathered on a similar feature request and have created an Idea about this.
If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here.
Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strive to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Local file playback is pretty useless without folder structure support, because there is no sane way to organize them. Of course the link is now "Access Denied", as most good ideas to actually improve the product are. Why is Spotify like this.

Suggested posts