Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple Issues with the UI in Landscape Mode on Tablets

Multiple Issues with the UI in Landscape Mode on Tablets

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7+

Operating System

Android 13

My Issues

• Your Library tab is left bound and uses the whole width of the screen, while content in Home and Search is contained in a box in the center and doesn't scale to the full width of the screen. This result in ugly borders to the right and especially to the left in these two tabs (and they aren't even the same size)
  • the carousels in the Home tab have extra blank space the width of the borders at the start and end, but otherwise extend out into these borders
  • the same thing happens on some Artist's pages, but not others. Smaller Artists seem to have the same behavior as the Home tab. In the others that "work" the carousels have a strict cutoff at the borders, but the blank space at the start and end is still there. This makes the carousels start with double the offset they should (the carousels for suggestions at the bottom of an albums page seem to have none of these issues and are working perfectly, making me believe they are implemented separately each time)
  • The header in Search scales to the full width, while the content doesn't
  • viewing the queue, devices or lyrics forces you into portrait mode
  • the menu that pops up when viewing artists on songs with multiple artists has to be scrolled up to actually see the artists for some reason
  • when starting the app in landscape mode, the progress bar in the bottom left doesn't have a dot on the current time. Switching to portrait makes the dot appear, which stays even when switching back to landscape
  • (when clicking on the search bar, the currently playing song info on the left spazes out for a second)

Screenshot_20240730_214405_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240730_214246_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240730_214219_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hi there @zetadraconis,

Thanks for the detailed post! 

At Spotify, we’re regularly looking for opportunities to enhance the user experience for everyone, so your feedback on this is greatly appreciated. If you have a specific idea on how to improve the app, feel free to share it on our Idea Exchange board. Others can then show their support by giving it a thumbs up and sharing their thoughts. Before posting though, make sure to familiarize yourself with our Idea Exchange Guidelines first. 

The Community is here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Dessi,

thank you for the response.

Since I didn't find any way to report a bug I decided to post here. I believe most if not all the issues I've listed are not intended behavior. Therefore they should be fixed regardless of the community voting on it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Suggested posts