Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't log from Android phone

I can't log from Android phone

This is so frustrating. Every morning during the commute, I connect my phone to my car and find out that it can't login! I created the account through facebook so if I try to login through facebook, it says something went wrong and I should try again later or use the email. I try email and it constantly tell me my email password combination is wrong but I can login to the spotify website with exact same email and password combo.

I tried using device code to login, no use. I tried to delete all the cache, no use.

Customer service for spotify is no help either. It told me to reset the password, which doesn't help cause as soon as I get the link in mail and try to reset the password, it says link expired! (even though I just got it like 5 min ago)

They ask me to take screenshot which is dumb cause their own app prevent screenshot on the android (they should know this).

Only solution is I have to reinstall several time before it starts working and sometimes I even have to reinstall in the apk format!

I can't do that every single time I want to use the spotify!

Anyone have any solution to what is going on?!

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

Moto X4

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

It would be a good idea trying to reset your passoword in an incognito or private window in your browser. You can follow the steps provided here on when your passoword reset link doesn't work for more details. 

Since you mention that reinstalling helps, we'd also recommend performing a clean reinstallation of the app on your device following all the steps in this Spotify Answer instead to see if that does the trick.

Keep in mind that to ensure using Spotify safely, always download from our official sources: the website, and the relevant app stores. 

If you're still having troubles after that, we'd also suggest replying to our support teams with any additional relevant details so that they can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts