Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ICS (android 4) and Transformer Prime syncing problems

ICS (android 4) and Transformer Prime syncing problems

Hi. 

I haven't found any real answer to this. 

The problem I, and a lot of other people are having, is that Spotify freezes up after syncing 50-60 songs. 

Then I have to log out, then log in again. Then the app is stucked in offline mode. 

Has this anything to do with Spotify and ICS? Or isn't it compatible with android tablets?

And yes, I have tried to redirect the storage location to SD card. 

6 Replies

It might very well be that - Spotify is not entirely compatible with 3.x or Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android at the moment. However, you might want to try a clean installation, but try installing the application from a different source. If you previously installed from the Android Marketplace, try m.spotify.com, or visa versa.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I'll try that, and later on report back on any changes. Thank You. 

So, I still have this very same problem.. Are there any fixes coming up? Or official support for ICS. It should come due to the amount of devices being updated to ICS at this very moment. 

Thanks. 

Come on Spotify sort this out.  You are happy to take my money every month but not provide an acceptable mobile app.

I can't even log in anymore.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled etc but the app crashes and wont let me reload.

This is not good enough and customer support is non-existant.

As Spotify have (hilariously) no plans to actually update to ICS you may want to go here and upvote this topic that Licenced has started:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-needs-to-support-Android-3-Honeycomb-Android-4...

Have cancelled my subscription and will try WE7 premium instead.  At least the cancellation process was straight forward!!

Suggested posts