Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Introducing the Spotify for Android Beta Testing Program

Introducing the Spotify for Android Beta Testing Program

Hello!

We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out.

Beginning this Friday, May 29 2015, the Android beta program will give users who opt-in access to the latest versions of Spotify for Android, helping us to make the Spotify Android app more stable.

This IS the beta you're looking for.

--

Applications are now closed.

Big thanks to everyone who's signed up and tested so far. Your feedback is invaluable.

Community Ergo Sum
113 Replies

I did the stuff, when I'm accepted?

@hpguru wrote:

I did the stuff, when I'm accepted?

Obviously I don't know timelines but the usual way betas are released for Android if using the Play Store deployment is that you will be sent a link to a Google+ Community or a Google Group (I have a feeling it will be the latter of the 2).

You will then log in with the same Google account you use for the Play Store and will request to join the community/group. I guess Per & the team will then check each request and match it to the responses in the form you completed previously and accept your application. Once you are a mamber of the group there will be instructions to go to a Google Play testing website which allows you to opt in to receiving the beta updates through the standard Google Play Store update delivery method. Again, making sure you are logged into the same account you use for the Play Store click the 'Opt In' button.

Once done it can take up to a few hours (but normally sooner) for your Google Play account to be configured to receive the beta updates and you'll start seeing these updates on your device.

Do be aware that after opting in you may not receive an update to the Spotify app as it can take a while for your account to be configured as well as Google may stage the deployment. So wait until the team confirm they've published a beta release in the group and within a few hours it should show up in the Play Store as an update for you.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm now accepted to Beta Band. Thank you.

Maybe it will be a lot of fun to test Spotify.

I use it only on my Android phone. As I know it's best.

I signed up, hope to get accepted 🙂

Applied, no invite....yet

Applied but forgot to post ^ u ^ "

Applied!

I signed up, cant wait

Applied

Just applied. Hope I get accepted soon.

I signed up, hope i get accepted soon. Love Spotify the best music streaming ever

Same here. Just applied. Would love to help test 🙂

Could be interesting to me as an "around the clock" spotify listener ;). 

See ya 

Applied! Let's do this!

Just applied as well.

Waiting be accepted.  But guys,  the BETA apk is already on web,  aptoide for example.

I am looking forward to test the beta app 🙂

I hope Chromecast support might be added. Maybe, just maybe, Spotify might respect user choices.

Hoping for an invite and chromecast support but probably unlikely since y'all have a deal with Sonus. 

"This IS the beta you're looking for" automatically implies Chromecast support is going to be tested in this beta, or else this IS NOT the beta I'm looking for... 😉

With this all new options coming to the game (Tidal, Apple Music, etc), they cannot afford continue ignoring their paying customers.

Suggested posts