Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with controls on lock screen?

Solved!

Issue with controls on lock screen?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

I think Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, it'll show the: song you're listening to, previous song, Play/pause button and next song. For some reason those controls don't seem to work when I'm on the lock screen. Anyone else have this issue or now how to fix?

Screenshot_20190309-060618_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

72 Replies

It's been over a month, have you made any progress as I still have this issue?

I believe this is a Samsung/Android issue. As this issue persists when using other audio apps: IE: DI.FM has this same issue.

For those with an s10(maybe s8 and s9 too), this is the solution! 

Go to settings, click lock screen, click face widgets, turn off music widget for lockscreen... and BAM. RESOLVED.

Thx Bud!

It doesn't fix the issue, it removes the widget. I have the same issues of you all. And i believe we all want the same thing > using the widget to skip tracks or pause tracks. I hope this is fixed soon. (Using samsung s10, with latest security update)

Well that's the solution right now. The other way is an update. Its technically same thing both ways. No different.

YES YES YES!!!! Thank you, I did EVERYTHING in this post but it was the face widget setting that fixed it. Thanks!!! 

I'm on my Galaxy s10+ with all the lastest updates and still having the same issue with the facewidget for Spotify. It's 100% a problem with Spotifys app because I have tried all my other music apps (Samsung music, Play music, Pandora, etc) and they have no problem at all being able to be controlled by facewidget from the lock screen and the always on display. I hope Spotify relaizes this and can implement a fix soon. 

Thanks dannyloc !!! I have the Samsung Galaxy S10+ and this did the trick for me as well! 

Thank you! This worked for me.

I just upgraded to an s10 from an s8, and have had the same problem with both, despite trying every suggestion I've seen, including the ones in this forum. This issue only occurs while using spotify. Please let me know if anyone has found a new solution or is still having this problem.

Sorry, but how is this a solution if it just removed the widget? Removing
the widget doesn't fix the problem, it just removes the widget.

+1

fully agree. Hence my previous message.

Waiting for final solution 😞

The lock screen controls doesn't work with the music widget on. If you remove the widget, you will then be able to use the controls without unlocking. That is the solution to the thread!

IF you want a solution for music widget controls to work on lock screen with spotify.... it won't because there needs to be an update.

THUS, if you want to use controls while ur phone is locked, remove the widget.  

I'm facing the same issue on my Samsung s10+ 

Is there a way we can fix it?

tried all the above solutions and nothing works. 

lock screen controls worked fine on my new S10e for 2 days but now don't work at all. definitely a samsung-spotify issue as my partners google pixel is fine!!

It seems to be solved. I didn't do anything, i tried yesterday and it worked. 

I guess an update has been pushed !😉

Anyway, happy that it works now, as it should be.

I Can also confirm there was an update and is now fixed. Go turn on that music widget for lock screen 🙂

(Smasung S10+) Yep, Facewidget does now work with Spotify! Interestingly, the facewidget is still broken for other apps tho hah. For example if I use DI.FM now, it seems to jump to Spoitfy. I suppose that isn't Spoitfy's problem tho 🙂

Turning off car mode fixed it on pixel 3. Thank you!

Download good lock from the play store then select the lock screen app, download that, then add a new lock screen and select item visibility on the bottom right, then add the music one and it WILL WORK. Proof attached

Screenshot_20190610-153048_One UI Home.jpg

Suggested posts