Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

I think Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, it'll show the: song you're listening to, previous song, Play/pause button and next song. For some reason those controls don't seem to work when I'm on the lock screen. Anyone else have this issue or now how to fix?

Screenshot_20190309-060618_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

72 Replies

I have a similar issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. The controls on my lock screen work. I can pause and skip tracks. But if I pause on the lock screen, and the screen display turns off after a few seconds, the lock screen controls are no longer there and I cannot resume play. I have been an iPhone user for the past 5.5 years, and only got the Samsung yesterday, so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Turning off the Music FaceWidget on lock screen seems to have done the trick! So I'm not sure if the update has worked, since I still have the same problem without turning off the Music FaceWidget...

Hey!

I´m still having the issue with the puas/play button not working in lock screen. I can press forward and backward, but not the paus/play.

Solution please?

This is not "solved." Every thread on Spotify Community has it marked as solved... 

I confirm I am also having this issue and have had it across two phones, Galaxy S8 and currently S10. Like with other users, a reinstall or re-log in only temporarily fixes the issue. Very frustrating. 

I have exactly the same thing on my S10 5G. Forward/back works, but pause only stops the playback for a fraction of a second before resuming.

And, today they removed the play widget from our home screens. They could have sorted this first.

the lock screen doesn't work for me at all .. and never has.I used the homepage widget but now they have removed it ..

I am stuggling to use my phone in the car for music now

I have an LG G6 using Andriod version 8 ..

Worked for me, cheers!

I can confirm that I'm having issues with my Galaxy S10 in specifically pausing. It sounds like it pauses and plays it immediately, so my attempts to pause just skips the song for about a second. I'm starting to think that I should move to Google Play Music, since that works perfectly fine. 

Android Version: 9

One UI Version: 1.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.18.932

I too have the same issue with my S10+. And the only solution that worked for me was to use my iPhone XS Max. 

I like Android. But apps are just more polished on iOS. 

Might just settle with Google Play music or YouTube music. That works perfectly fine.

I have the exact same problem and have had it for as long as I've had my Samsung Galaxy S10 which is since it launched in Sweden. I've tried the current fixes so far with no avail:

- Turning of the battery optimization. This fixed the problem for a few minutes and then it returned.

- Uninstalling the Google Play apps (suggested in some other thread). This did nothing.

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app (including logout/login again). This fixed the problem for a few minutes and then it returned.

It seems to me that the problem returns any time my phone has been locked for a while. I can only speculate that some energy saving routine kicks in and goes haywire with the Spotify app.

I don't understand why this issue is marked as fixed.

I have a similar issue. But additionallt my like button in the notifications panel doesnt work at all. Only the pause and foward and back buttons work in the notifications widget. But on my lock screen, the pause button is also very buggy. It is weird. 

It's been seven months, how's that fix coming along?

I actually figured it out. Go to settings, Lock screen, face Widgets, and turn the Music toggle off where it doesn't show a color. That will fix this mess .

Screenshot_20191018-171709_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

If by fixing this mess you mean removing the controls all together I agree that it is a "solution", though in mathematical terms a trivial one 🙂

I do not see the Spotify card showing the current playing song and the controls that you display in your screenshot. How do you activate that?

Manuelmo...First... thanks, it worked. Second, AWESOME home screen, third, nice music taste buddy

Solved!

Change your always on display to the first choice In the settings. It's the default setting for always on display. Looks like Spotify needs to make this work for other always on displays.

Just realized this only works when the music is playing. Once you pause it then go to the lock screen, it goes away. Spotify has some work to do. I have a Galaxy Note 10+.

Umm having the same issue - galaxy s10+.  When I hit pause, the music will pause for a split second, then continue; the icon will flash instantly between play and pauseas well.

Hey there all,

Thanks for reaching out! 

To make sure Spotify functions properly, you can try a clean reinstall and give the app permissions to run:

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

• Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

Let us know if that helps, and if not - feel free to share  your device, OS and Spotify version.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts