Issue with controls on lock screen?

Solved!

Re: Issue with controls on lock screen?

Jesuslovesyou
Casual Listener

I had the same issue and I figured it out not sure if it works for all but what I did is I switched the clocks on the lock screen and found one that worked so when you swipe on the clock to get to your music or if its already there from the lock screen it should work. Try switching clock types from lock screen

Kwong868
Casual Listener

I tried switching clock on the lock screen don't work. Did all that was recommended on this posts  and still don't work. Even contacted Samsung and did many troubleshooting and yet still don't work. What I found out is when I use Amazon Music the control media player in the lock screen work. Thus, the Samsung tech support concluded its Spotify issue. I hope for an update soon 

ZachxTyler
Casual Listener

April 2019 update:

Updated to android 9, looks like spotify also received an update. Playback controls now work on the lock screen. 

I haven't changed any lockscreen settings or spotify settings.. it just started working..

Kwong868
Casual Listener

My phone comes with adriod 9 UI 1.1.its a Samsung galaxy 10plus. Nothing to update and sadly Spotify still don't work on my lock screen. Yet my Amazon music work. 

JaxShane
Casual Listener

@Kwong868 wrote:

My phone comes with adriod 9 UI 1.1.its a Samsung galaxy 10plus. Nothing to update and sadly Spotify still don't work on my lock screen. Yet my Amazon music work. 

Yep have s10+ also and still having same exact issues as of 4/14/19. Still nothing so far has worked to fix problem.

Flapsforhelvede
Casual Listener

None of the aforementioned solutions work for me either.

Jesuslovesyou
Casual Listener
Yea I just got another update on my phone and now soundcloud and spotify
dont work and switching the clocks dosnt work for me anymore rip...

dajaganz

Car mode fixed it for me too which is blindingly absurd when you take into account it does nothing when connected to my car Bluetooth.

tahacnszgl

I've this problem too with s9+, at first I thought the problem was about my lock screen settings. It still can be about my lock screen permission settings or sth. like that because when I first tried to skip song with my original akg headphone, it said "you cant control with your headphone buttons because its not allowed, you need to change it in settings" or sth. like that.

nickay98

Turn off facewidgets in the lockscreen settings.

This brings up the Spotify widget which works perfectly.

SUGGESTED POSTS