Solved!

Joe Rogan Podcast does not play

Plan: Premium

Device

(Both Samsung Galaxy S7 and S20 FE 5g)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

I cannot play JRE podcast on my device. It says "video cannot play in your location" but I just want to listen to audio. It does not work if I download and add to a Playlist either. How do I just get the audio to work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MykesLogos and @user-removed,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

You should be able to download only audio in your Settings > Data Saver.

@MykesLogos - If you'd like to see the video as well, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Note: Spotify doesn't officially support VPN.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Other threads show the same thing. Mods say to clean install the app, but Im using express VPN and it works when I shut it off. Still looking for a work around. So far, finding a server that lets me download the episode and going to airplane mode without wifi to start the episode works for me. Keeps playing when everything reconnects.

it all works now. Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey there @MykesLogos and @user-removed,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

You should be able to download only audio in your Settings > Data Saver.

@MykesLogos - If you'd like to see the video as well, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Note: Spotify doesn't officially support VPN.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I have the same problem. I followed the steps to do a clean reinstall of Spotify but still get the error "We're not able to play this video in the current location" when trying to watch #1572 or #1576. I don't use a VPN.

Screenshot_20201215-090815.jpg

Hi there @bobhansen128,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you let us know if this is happening on other episodes of the JRE and other podcasts as well or only on those specific episodes? Also, does this happen on multiple devices or the Web player?

You can try connecting to a different network like a mobile Hotspot if your data plan allows it.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried playing #1576 on web. If I hit the play button it plays three ads and then stops. Does the same if I hit play again. I am able to play an audio-only podcast on both web and mobile (in this case I tried "How to be an upstander instead of a bystander" by Ted Talks Daily). I didn't try any other videos because I don't know of any.

I tried turning Wi-Fi off on my smartphone and re-launched Spotify. I was able to watch the video on cellular. Then I switched off cellular and switched off Wi-Fi and the video won't play again. I can watch YouTube and browse the internet as usual though so I'm not sure why only Spotify is giving me issues.

Hey again @bobhansen128,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

As it seems to be happening only when using WiFi, could you try using a different WiFi network and let us know if the issue persists?

Also, if possible, could you try on a friend's or relative's account and let us know if the same happens there?

We'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I will try another Wi-Fi network when I get a chance. I'm using Spotify 8.5.88.883.

Hey @bobhansen128,

Thanks for sharing that info.

Take the time you need to try with a different WiFi network and a different account. This would help us narrow down the cause of the issue.

If you have any questions, let us know. We'll be looking out for your reply.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

I tried playing the video using Wi-Fi at a motel and it worked.

I tried playing the video podcast from two different Wi-Fi networks. I disabled cellular data each time to ensure I was connecting via Wi-Fi. In both places I was able to play the JRE video. So one of the networks I was unable to play videos on.

It's hard to say if that's a local network issue (i.e. router setting) or an ISP issue or a Spotify issue. Given that Spotify is the only application that's giving me trouble I'm leaning towards it's a Spotify issue although it could be a local network setting issue. Are there any settings that are required to be set on our router? My roommate mentioned that he only uses IPv6 in his router settings (IPv4 is disabled). Does Spotify not fully support IPv6?

Hey @bobhansen128,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The support for IPv6 is still in testing and its availability might differ between users. We recommend that you enable IPv4 and see if the issue gets resolved then. In the meantime you can also upvote and subscribe to this idea that requests the introduction of IPv6 support for the desktop client. We'll inform on any new developments there, as soon as there are any.

Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey guys, I’ve been in touch with express vpn and have found a solution for iOS. Not sure if it works on Android tho. In settings, they directed me to VPN protocol and to switch it from automatic to IKEv2. I can confirm that BOTH audio and video work in the mode. Hope that helps!

For Apple Devices Make sure your VPN is OFF. Your VPN will turn back on automatically at times. On your Apple device go to settings, gen, VPN, click on the blue information icon and turn off VPN on-demand. Your VPN should not auto connect. 

Yeah, so my iPhone 11 Pro Max works with it ON like I stated above. Thanks tho!

Allowing playback of explicit-rated content under Settings solved it for me.

Spotify keeps crashing on Rogan Peterson episode. Tried everything on my OnePlus 8 pro. 

Hi @iliko,

Thank you for your reply and the troubleshooting you've done so far!

Just to confirm, did you try with a different internet connection?

On another note, can you let us know if it's a specific episode you can't play?

If it's possible, can you have someone log in their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

#1769 Jordan Peterson is the episode I am not able to play on ANY internet
connection.
I have tried 4G, Home broadband with Wifi, Costa Coffee etc.

Suggested posts