Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard entry closes when turned

Solved!

Keyboard entry closes when turned

When the search box is brought up, if the phone is accidentally turned to the point it switches into landscape mode, the application automatically closes the keyboard and search/text box. This can be annoying when trying to operate Spotify one handed.

Other applications are able to keep the keyboard and text box open through a change from portrait to landscape mode. Hopefully, this bug can be addressed in a future release.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is probably due to the fact that Spotify override orientation changes (as well as other configuration changes). The layout generally changes when in landscape mode, so it may be appropriate.

I'll forward this on to the community team, as it could be annoying for some people (I have rotation turned off, it's really annoying).

Liam

View solution in original post

2 Replies

This happens on my Nexus device as well so I just keep landscape mode turned off while using Spotify. What kind of phone do you have? There are things out there to keep applications from going into landscape mode at all.

Marked as solution

This is probably due to the fact that Spotify override orientation changes (as well as other configuration changes). The layout generally changes when in landscape mode, so it may be appropriate.

I'll forward this on to the community team, as it could be annoying for some people (I have rotation turned off, it's really annoying).

Liam

Suggested posts