Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last client update was november 2011

Solved!

Last client update was november 2011

Hello,

I've asked around (facebook, twitter) and nobody answered me. The Android client is a real piece of **bleep**. 

It's hellishly slow. When someone sends an album or a playlist to my inbox, I can"t access it from my phone (single tracks only). The RAM usage is just ludicrous, so as soon as I open any other app, without playing music, Spotify closes, and since it takes 4 mn to boot and be usable, it's a real pain.

Seriously people, I know iPhones are the main trend, but android users are numerous enough to spend a few thousand bucks on a client update, dontcha think?

I give you 20€ every month (two accounts, one for me, one for my wife) and I expect a certain quality of service. Every day I pester against your android client, and I seriously think about closing both of my accounts.

At the very least, please give me an estimated time of update.

187 Replies

@Rankhar wrote:

@licence I think the announcement on the 18th will be about this: http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/13/2946424/spotify-branded-apps-coming-soon

But who knows, maybe they will announce other things as well, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Well, it appears you were right: http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/18/2957081/spotify-apps-att-mcdonalds-intel-reebok-coca-cola

Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Best comment there (from willwillywilson):

"I’m really excited about these announcements. If there’s one thing that’s been missing from my music experience lately it’s McDonalds, Coca Cola, and Intel. Kudos!"

Smiley Happy

My membership expires on 5th May.   Spotify you have until then.

That's after I enjoy a Big Mac and Coke whilst typing on my Core i5 laptop - listening to Coke music from old adverts.

@Spyke, haha, the one after that: "i’ve often wanted a Ronald McDonald curated experience."

Smiley Very Happy

@licenced bit of a bummer eh, was really hoping they had some extra news. I'm wondering whether any reporter/visitor present at the AdAgeDigital Conference asked Ek about the mobile apps, as in "Why hasn't the Android app been properly updated in almost a year now?" Because I would have definitely done that if I was there...

Spotify must be a playground for retards. I find this so cute, I would be more than happy to subscribe to your crappy broken service for the rest of my life. I actually enjoy install/reinstall/clearing saved data/changing passwords/log in/log out/sync off-line lists forever. and my heart bleeds for you having to put up with nagging, pain in the a** customers. It's almost painful to see that your imbecile customers don't even get your joke about fixing the Android app hahaha. Where do I sign up ♥

BTW I just love the way U keeps giving them the finger, it's so professional. I would also like to bee, a Spotify employee :-D)-c

I've patiently waited for an Android update since... last November I guess? This "silent" treatment we're getting is really starting to piss me off. I've been paying for Spotify premium for YEARS and it's been equally long since the Android app was actually working well. Spotify crashes pretty much everytime I add songs to the playlist while online. To add salt to the wound, I always have to resync again when I've restarted the program. Extremely annoying. I really think they've abandoned the Android version. No excuse is good enough at this point really.
Lover of music.

My subscription is now cancelled. It expires on the 29th of april. If there are no news before that, I'm moving on to some other service. I think I'll try out Wimp since I am from Norway.

For the record, as of today, this topic is now officially the most read topic on the Android forum, overtaking the 'Is my phone compatible with Spotify'-topic...

sad to say, but spotify don't care about that 😞

All the replies in the " 'Is my phone compatible with Spotify'-topic" should just be taken out and replaced with one reply: "NO". Smiley Very Happy

@spotify Is it that hard for you to develop an Android app that actually works with people's Android phone? #spotifyfail Please retweet this

Please retweet this

Change your tweet and ad @Spotify so they can see it 😉

@Spotify - Is it that hard for you to develop an Android app that actually works with people's Android phone? Please retweet this

HURRAY!!!!!!!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/19/2958593/spotify-app-android-4-0-ics-beta

Although it still doesn't include basic features that iOS and WP7 apps have, like folder support!!

----------------

@mseele wrote:

http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

Well found - thanks.

The verge story seems to be down - perhaps someone hit the publish button too early

----------------

Excellent! Installed it via the big green button on the blog. Finally! Looks great so far!

The power of social media - blimey - did not expect something that quick 🙂

Will let you have my feedback once I have had a play.

I'll post a new topic for those who want to download the app now, because it seems like they haven't published the news on all the different blogs for each country yet. 

This is the link to the new topic with download instructions. If you guys have anything to add, something I might have missed...

OMG I'm so HAPPY right now, although I still feel it's bizarre the way you treat your paying customers. If you were my girlfriend this would have been to little, to late. Anyway, I'm back and I forgive you... this time ♥

Suggested posts