Last client update was november 2011

Solved!

Last client update was november 2011

Calibrae
Roadie

Hello,

I've asked around (facebook, twitter) and nobody answered me. The Android client is a real piece of **bleep**. 

It's hellishly slow. When someone sends an album or a playlist to my inbox, I can"t access it from my phone (single tracks only). The RAM usage is just ludicrous, so as soon as I open any other app, without playing music, Spotify closes, and since it takes 4 mn to boot and be usable, it's a real pain.

Seriously people, I know iPhones are the main trend, but android users are numerous enough to spend a few thousand bucks on a client update, dontcha think?

I give you 20€ every month (two accounts, one for me, one for my wife) and I expect a certain quality of service. Every day I pester against your android client, and I seriously think about closing both of my accounts.

At the very least, please give me an estimated time of update.

9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Last client update was november 2011

flapyphi
Hell yes !! i completely agree with my friend !!! but the question is : Will Spotify do something about that request before 2013 ?

View solution in original post

Solution!

jochristian
Regular

Trying Grooveshark myself! Looks great so far 🙂

Solution!

Calibrae
Roadie

The worst thing about it is spotify support's answer: "check our blog regularly"... What a scam.

Anyone knows if spotify employees actually read this forum?

Solution!

SteveBrammer
Community Legend
David, if you can't explain how or why it works then I don't think you should be proposing it as a solution. It just makes it look like you are stalling for time because you actually have no idea what the real problem is.

The IT and the technology industry is built around science and logic, not blind faith.

Solution!

rferrett
Roadie

Spotify and Vogons! Love it FLuffle!

Solution!

BBSpeed26
Casual Listener

Also, I'd like to add something to my laundry list of complaints on the last page (because it surely must seem slightly incongruos that my first post on the Spotify community forums is a criticism of a service I have already cancelled):

I want to like Spotify. I want to use Spotify. I want to pay for Spotify. The service (library, desktop app, ability to play mp3s, social integration, internal apps) is the best out there, bar-none. The Android app, however, is so bad that it negates all of it, and the silence from Spotify on the issue just drives it down further.

Infrequent, vague forum posts are laughably insufficient when you have a customer base of tech-savvy twentysomethings at your disposal. We want a regularly updated dev blog, we want work-in-progress UI mockups, we want to be invited to participate in alpha and beta phases so we can help you troubleshoot what's broken and perfect what isn't perfect. That may sound like asking for a lot, but the reality is that we get that all the time from app developers... many of whom don't ever so much as ask for a cent of our money to use their apps (save for dev donations which I readily make). Why can't we get that from Spotify?

We complain because it's frustrating to see Spotify - a service which many of us have publicly lauded and sold friends and family on - turn around and give us a big, silent middle finger.

Solution!

licenced
Community Legend

Completely agree. Can't +1 you enough. It's the general silence and lack of a proper communication plan that just adds annoyance on top of the already poor app.

I asked one of the mods a few weeks ago via email whether there was a beta test group and said I would be willing to join and sign whatever NDA was necessary, but was told no such thing exists. I can't imagine the group of Andoid devs is that large at Spotify ... and therefore can't understand how they can possibly test the app before release to ensure that it's going to work and be stable on as many different phones running as many different versions (both stock and rooted ROMs) as exist - my company has enough trouble testing our own software and we dictate the hardware our customers use.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Solution!

Calibrae
Roadie

"We complain because it's frustrating to see Spotify - a service which many of us have publicly lauded and sold friends and family on - turn around and give us a big, silent middle finger." ... up the arse, gravel included - and please pardon my french.

Solution!

mseele
Music Fan
187 Replies

Calibrae
Roadie

24h later, no replies. This forum is read by spotify people, isn't it?

Darkstack
Casual Listener

I feel the same as Calibrae, but for me, i have already downgraded my subscription from premium to unlimited , and removed the app from my phone.

Kei
I can no longer use spotify on my phone (HTC desire HD). Too slow, too unstable, totally useless !
Update the client or create an offer for streaming in high quality without this **bleep** for android !
Solution!

flapyphi
Hell yes !! i completely agree with my friend !!! but the question is : Will Spotify do something about that request before 2013 ?

badger
Music Fan

It seems like Spotify prefers iOS users, their app now delivers 320 kbps, nothing for Android. It's a pity.

Calibrae
Roadie

48h, and still nothing from spotify.

badger
Music Fan

I had a reply from the spotify support yesterday :

We don't forget our Android-using Spotifyers... I recommend you keep an eye on our blog, this is where we'll keep you updated: http://www.spotify.com/blog/

jochristian
Regular

I will stop my premium subscription myself now.

The Android client is totally useless on my Asus Transformer and to **bleep** slow on my Galaxy Nexus.

Calibrae
Roadie

Yeah, of course I will monitor every day a blog with random articles I don't give a effing shaïte about.

I fail to see why Objective-C development should go faster than Android's. Really.

SUGGESTED POSTS