Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Huawei

Operating System

Android

After the last update, the saved library became slow and unresponsive. If I try to access an specific saved album via the library, it takes 15 seconds to load. Same thing with my followed artists. However, if I search for the same album using the search function, it opens the album immediately. Same thing if I manually search for an artist.

18 Replies

Re: Library slow after update

xoholo
Composer

Hello @HeathenHeart ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

You should try reinstalling Spotify and then restarting your phone.

Let me know of any progress!

Hope this helps 

:)

HeathenHeart
Casual Listener

Cleared all of Spotify's data, reinstalled the app and restarted the phone, to no avail. Albums and artists on my library still take 10-15 seconds to open.

Note: the app actually freezes if I click on any album on my library, it's not merely slow, it completely locks up for 10 seconds.

Richiec44
Casual Listener

I'm also having this same problem using a Huawei..it's the P20 Pro running Android version 9.

The problem started directly after the latest Spotify update and the symptoms are exactly the same as the OP's.

farrusito

Hey, I have a OnePlus 3t and since last update, I've been facing the same issue. The app is even crashing sometimes while the song is playing.

PaulMac
Roadie

Searching is unbelievably slow on my Samsung S7. Takes up to a couple of minutes to load songs/albums through the Artist tab. The more songs listed against an artist, the slower it is to load. On the other hand loading times for playlists are more or less instant. I've experienced many other issues on android since the update including spotify connect problems.

I've been on with chat support twice who tried their best but after trying a few different things (including 3 complete reinstalls) they came to the conclusion it is a device issue and that I should contact Samsung. Everything else on my phone is working perfectly. And until the update Spotify was working perfectly..

G_Loc
Gig Goer

Same here - library has been extremely slow to load.  Search is also affected by this issue.  Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a major annoyance.  Downgraded to an older version (8.5.1.734) for the time being.

Anthonyequisde
Regular

Same here, I have this update since march and nothing change . I hope they fix it soon.

mabeldodgeluhan
Casual Listener

I'm also experiencing very slow load times in the library after the redesign update. Tried the suggested solution but load times are still very slow. Pixel 2 XL on home wifi (and LTE) with all latest updates. Please fix!

pnovotnak
Casual Listener

Seems to be the most common complaint on the app store page.

I have a 150mbps xfinity cable connection with unifi prosumer routing, switching and wifi equipment. Same problems as everyone else. I've tried reinstalling and restarting my phone.

The best part is when the app is offline it has the same loading issues. Come on y'all, fix your app!

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 11.24.18 AM.png
SUGGESTED POSTS