Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Huawei

Operating System

Android

After the last update, the saved library became slow and unresponsive. If I try to access an specific saved album via the library, it takes 15 seconds to load. Same thing with my followed artists. However, if I search for the same album using the search function, it opens the album immediately. Same thing if I manually search for an artist.

26 Replies

Richiec44
Casual Listener

I'm also having this same problem using a Huawei..it's the P20 Pro running Android version 9.

The problem started directly after the latest Spotify update and the symptoms are exactly the same as the OP's.

xoholo
Composer

Hello @HeathenHeart ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

You should try reinstalling Spotify and then restarting your phone.

Let me know of any progress!

Hope this helps 

🙂

SReuben
Casual Listener

@xoholo wrote:

Hello @HeathenHeart ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

You should try reinstalling Spotify and then restarting your phone.

Let me know of any progress!

Hope this helps 

🙂

Nah, this don't work. 

Rudi_Ranz

Same here - with Spotify 8.5.17.676 (and earlier versions too). My device: Samsung SM-T580 "Galaxy Tab A (2016)" (Android 8.1.0)

It takes 5-7 seconds when I select an album (to get to the title list) from my library. Very annoying!

HeathenHeart
Casual Listener

Cleared all of Spotify's data, reinstalled the app and restarted the phone, to no avail. Albums and artists on my library still take 10-15 seconds to open.

Note: the app actually freezes if I click on any album on my library, it's not merely slow, it completely locks up for 10 seconds.

SReuben
Casual Listener

I tried both a quick and a clean reinstall and I continue to have the same problem. It only started after the latest update, which leads me to believe that the update is incompatible with my phone. 

SUGGESTED POSTS