Local Files on Chromebook

Local Files on Chromebook

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Lenovo Chromebook

I recently bought a new Chromebook to replace my old laptop which I used to import songs from local files onto Spotify. I tried importing a song on the desktop app but realised that I can't find the place where you import local files. Is there any possible way to get songs from local files on a Chromebook or am I out of luck? I will be really disappointed if there isn't a way considering I just replaced my old laptop.

6 Replies

Everything I have found on adding local files has been before this new update. Anyone know of any way to add local files (mp3/mp4) onto Spotify on the Android desktop app? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @joey61817 - help's here!

Do you mind clarifying whether you're using Spotify on an Android device or on a PC? 

In the meantime, make sure to check out this support article, which provides some useful instructions on how to upload local files to Spotify.

Keep us posted! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Thanks for getting back to me!

I am using the Spotify Android app on Chromebook. I tried to upload files on the Chromebook app as well, but there is no option for me to do so on either version of the app.

I had read that article to try to upload files and the arrow it says to click on in step 1 does not show up for me.

Hey @joey61817,

Thanks for getting back to us and clarifying that.

Since the ability to import local files is only available on the desktop version of the app - which isn't currently supported by Chrome OS - it won't be possible to import local files on your Chromebook.

We recommend you either add your vote to this relevant idea in the Idea Exchange or else submit a new idea with your suggestion for improvement.

Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be happy to answer them 🙂

im using a chrombook

Hey @JanelleBaddie4L,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

The local files feature has changed since a couple of updates ago. Now you can use the option to "Discover" the audio files located on your device. However, this process can only be done from the Android, iOS or desktop apps. Keep also in mind that this process cannot be done from the Web Player.

In case you're using the Android app on your Chromebook, we'd recommend following the steps mentioned in this article.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts