Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync

Solved!

Local files won't sync

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Oneplus3, PC

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having no success syncing the local files from my PC to my OnePlus 3 Android phone. In the past, these files synced perfectly but one day all following local files just stopped. Since then I tried fixing it, and I reinstalled Spotify on my PC and my phone. I lost the synced local files on my phone, in the process. Sadly, they still won't sync.

I have already:

-made sure I am running the latest version on both -I am connected to the same WiFi network

-Allowed Spotify in windows Firewall for both inbound and outbound rules

-Port forwarded the Spotify port 4070 with TCP protocol

-Changed my router's IP address to static

-Removed all offline devices and redownloaded my songs

These local files play just fine on my PC through Spotify, so I know they are found and they work well. Thank you for any help. I really want to fix this. I'm a Spotify premium for students user.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @TuddMusic!

Try creating a hotspot connection with your phone and connect your computer to that network. Then try to sync again.

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @TuddMusic!

Try creating a hotspot connection with your phone and connect your computer to that network. Then try to sync again.

Keep me posted 🙂

Sadly there's no way for me to do that since my computer has a wired connection only, and no WIFI mode. It sounds like a good idea though. @AeroZ

Hey @TuddMusic!

If you're unable to connect your computer to WIFI then there's unfortunately no way to sync your local files to your mobile device.

I found a wifi adapter and when I connected to my phone's hotspot, songs started syncing!! Thank you so much.

It did not work when my computer and phone were connected to the same network over wifi, still. That's a bit sad because it hurts my data limit but in any case, at least it works.

Good to hear that you got it sorted, @TuddMusic!

There might be multiple reasons why it doesn't work while just connecting both devices to the same WiFi. It's probably a router configuration issue and fixing that requires access to router configuration and messing around with different settings there.

So yeah, creating hotspot connection is probably the easiest way to get those files synced .

There's a couple of routes you can take for troubleshooting:

• Try a separate WiFi connection, make sure you're using your parent connection (the Wifi you were connected to when first loading local files) [prev. had issue bc of two routers in the house]
  • Temporarily disabling Firewall

I was having an issue where my local files began being displaced and not located on my computer and received this message:

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

In order to fix this, I went to my settings in the Spotify desktop app scrolled to Local Files>Show Songs From>Music Library and turned it off. I then added My Music  folder as a local file source. After that, it took a minute and all my songs appeared playable and downloaded.

I'm using an XPS 8900 w/ iPhone X, Windows 10 64-bit

OS

These were the methods I had the most luck with, so I apologize if it's repetitious to anyone. 

Hope this helps out!

-Dev

From my own experience, I had a bug in my router's firmware where wireless devices withing the LAN couldn't see each other.

In such cases the only workaround is to create a hotspot connection with your phone and connect your computer (the source of local files) to your phone's created hotspot.

Absolute Legend

Suggested posts