Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Losing all offline data - Spotify changes save location

Losing all offline data - Spotify changes save location

So I have the following problem:
I have downloaded my music to my SD card to be able to play it offline. But sometimes Spotify just changes the location to save the files from external to internal, where of course I don't have any downloaded songs so all the songs are shown as not downloaded. When changing the setting back to SD card (where all the data is still saved), all data is deleted.
All of this just seems to happen randomly (at least I haven't been able to see a patern) and is really annoying, because 15 GB take a long time to download and I have to go the whole day without any music. It would be great if someone knew a solution to this problem.
2 Replies

No! Spotify not support native to Save SD card option. Just if your phone have "App move to External SD" or use "Link to SD" or another app maybe work. 
But u not have 16 or 32 GB internal phone storage simple not support your phone.

But is try another Music Streaming app for Google or etc. native support for "Select cache storage" or etc.

If Spotify wouldn't natively support to save the songs to the SD card there wouldn't be the option to do so in the Spotify App.
But today I figured out another part of the problem: Spotify chooses automatically where the files are saved to, depending on how much unused storage is still left. It just doesn't recognise that 20 GB on my SD are songs from Spotify (and that only because of that the SD has less storage left than the internal storage) and then changes to internal storage automatically.

Suggested posts