Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps pausing - tried all solutions!

Music keeps pausing - tried all solutions!

Hi all,

I've seen several posts about music randomly pausing, and as this has been an on going issue for me, I have tried them all. I am using the Spotify app on my Samsung S5 and the music randomly pauses. I have done the following:

-Deleted the app and reinstalled

-Logged onto Spotify from my mac and clicked the 'Sign out of everywhere' button (but now it keeps saying the form has expired and to refresh the page, which I have done several times and still doesn't work - as the pic shows below). I've even deleted my cookies and still the same error.

What am I not doing and how can I solve this so it doesn't randomly keep pausing.

Don't know if this is important, but I am on a premium account at the moment and Spotify is installed on my mac (signed out) and my Samsung S5 (which is the one that keeps pausing)

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 1.43.00 pm.png
6 Replies

Hi. Did you read the first two posts in this thread?

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for the link to that, I hadn't come across that thread/solution before and will turn off the Power Saving Mode and see if the problem still continues.

Cheers!

Hi Joe,

So I turned off the Power Save mode, and still it randomly pauses. 

Have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Did you also exclude spotify from android's battery optimisation?

Are you using a third party battery or memory manager?

Hi Joe,

Yup, I disabled Spotify from my App power saving list under the Battery settings and my music has paused randomly several times today while playing. I don't have any other 3rd party battery optimization apps/tools installed so I don't know what else could be pausing it.

This is strange. Does it happen when streaming from Spotify over both wifi and cellular? Does it happen also with downloaded music?

Suggested posts