Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Losing downloaded playlists

Solved!

Losing downloaded playlists

So recently I the newest version of Android for my phone (HTC One m8) and since then every time I open spotify I have to login and I have to download ALL my music that I had already downloaded to my phone. The offline mode is the reason why I'm buying premium, so it would be nice to be able to download my music and not lose it every 5-6 hours

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm so sorry, I totally misread your first post I apologize. Looks like there is an issue at the moment (even though it's quite old issue already which was Fixed and then Reopened later), check the link below.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded-2/idi-p/3874...

The above Issue Report is not marked as Fixed yet, maybe Spotify will post some updates there.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Recently I downloaded*

Sorry you have to download again but that's how offline option works on spotify. When you activate the offline option on any playlist it means it will download all the songs on that playlist for you when you don't have any internet connection. Once, you desactivate the offline option it means you are online again and ready for streaming so you don't need those downloaded songs and they will be erased from your phone. That's how it works, spotify is mainly a streaming music service rather than an another local media player.

What, excuse me, but this is simply not true. Ypu can download  your playlists and then listen to them offline as well as online. If you go offline and then online again, your playlists are of course still downloaded on your phone, so if you go offline again, you don't have to redownload all of your playlists.  You can save your songs offline for up to 30 days and after that you need to go online for a brief moment for spotify to check whether you are still a premium member.

Long story short: your offline songs do not get deleted  if you go online.

I've bien using spotify premium for over a year and never had this problem before, so what you say it's true. You don't lose your playlists if you go online, that wouldn't make any sense
Marked as solution

I'm so sorry, I totally misread your first post I apologize. Looks like there is an issue at the moment (even though it's quite old issue already which was Fixed and then Reopened later), check the link below.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded-2/idi-p/3874...

The above Issue Report is not marked as Fixed yet, maybe Spotify will post some updates there.

Here is also one post worth to check out, even though it's pretty old.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-keeps-deleting-my-offline-playlists/m-p/920879...

This one actually worked for me, thank you very much

That's awesome to hear my friend, I apologize that I actually gave you a wrong answer first. Blame my fast reading haha.

Have a nice day. 🙂

I have just changed my password. Logged in again and my playlist has gone. Any ideas please why?

Suggested posts