Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Maximum volume too low

Solved!

Maximum volume too low

Hi there, 

Could someone help me please? I started listening to Spotify this morning but the volume just went from loud to really low in the space of two seconds and I cannot work out why? 

I have checked volumes on my phone, on Spotify, uninstalled and re-installed again but still nothing.

This is really beginning to get me down as I am a premium customer, yet receiving a second rate service.

Could someone, either a genuinely nice person or someone who works for Spotify as I am ready to throw the towel in very soon.

Thank you

Will....  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

How do I install a previous version in my phone? and yes is the App itself cus a play music with soundcloud and its too loud!

Check my signature 😉

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for supplying the older versions Daniel. I downloaded an older version and it seems to be back to normal

Marked as solution

2.6.0.813 is what I went back to. and yes thanks for the reminder about auto updates, I had those disabled already though.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We're currently pushing out an update for Android which resolves the issue some users are experiencing with volume levels. You should receive the update shortly.

25 Replies

What device, android and spotify versions? If you have turned on Audio Effects in spotify's settings, try turning them off. Are you using any other equaliser?

Is it just spotify that's on a low volume? Or is 'everything' in low volume?

Are you sure you checked all the volumes? ringing volume is different than the media volume so while ringing may be loud, music may be soft.

Pressing the 'volume up' buttons while music is playing should increase the media volume..

This is also my problem with Spotify. It's been bugging me eversince I used it with my android phone. I am very sure that I turned off the app's equalizer but the volume is just too low. I tried playing spotify with an iphone and it's so loud, UNFAIRLY loud. Hope Spotify fixes this in the next update. 😞

Same Problem here.

I use a Samung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3.

The Spotify version is 2.7.0.883.

On my Pc everythings works fine so i really dont understand whats the problem. I checked both equalizers the one from spotify and the one of the samsugn player. i really dont get. 

If someone could help me i would be very thankfull.

The best from austria 😄

The problem is in Spotify app itself. Seems like the latest update messed up the max volume.

Download previous version of the app. Version 2.6.0.8 works like a charm!

How do I install a previous version in my phone? and yes is the App itself cus a play music with soundcloud and its too loud!

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

Check my signature 😉

Android Troubleshooting:

Hey, is version 2.6.0.8 available somewhere to download as an apk?

Nvm, I see Daniels Sig. thanks!

Im having issues with audio on my new android phone i just upgraded to last week, 2014 moto x running lollipop 5.0

I have the same issues. Low volume on spotify compared to the stock music player app.

Galaxy S4 i9505

Spotify premium 2.7.0.833

Hi @silvermeister25

Firstly can you try disabling nuplayer (see guide at the top of the Android forum). Secondly try installing a previous version of the app as already suggested. Hopefully an update will fix it soon.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Thanks for supplying the older versions Daniel. I downloaded an older version and it seems to be back to normal

Great @romajr86

Which version are you now using? Don't forget to also disable automatic updates on the play store else you may find yourself back on 2.7 without realising.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

2.6.0.813 is what I went back to. and yes thanks for the reminder about auto updates, I had those disabled already though.

Thank you for your Help 😉 Very nice dude.

I just wait for a update. I hope it comes soon 😄

I hope they will fix this! I'm checking out Tidal now and I really don't want to give my money to Jay Z and Kanye West!!!
Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We're currently pushing out an update for Android which resolves the issue some users are experiencing with volume levels. You should receive the update shortly.

Thanks for the update @Pete.

Android Troubleshooting:

How do i download previous vs?

Just updated. Volume starts fine for a second then downgraded to a liw volume! Help. About to delete

Suggested posts