Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing my albums on Android

Solved!

Missing my albums on Android

Android 7.0, premium user. Spotify, album list shows only recommended albums. Not the albums in my library.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @josodijk

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't see your saved albums once you've entered the Albums tab in the mobile app you might need to get the latest app version. The best way to do this is by performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on your mobile phone. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device.

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for a clean reinstall depending on the device in use. Once youโ€™ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help, would you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the Albums tab looks on your end? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesnโ€™t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @josodijk

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't see your saved albums once you've entered the Albums tab in the mobile app you might need to get the latest app version. The best way to do this is by performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on your mobile phone. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device.

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for a clean reinstall depending on the device in use. Once youโ€™ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help, would you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the Albums tab looks on your end? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesnโ€™t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Ships. Uninstall - reinstall worked yesterday. Today, it just showed the recommended albums, not my own, 'till I did a uninstall-reinstall again.

Hey @josodijk

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you still don't see the saved albums even after clean reinstalling Spotify we'd suggest logging in to your account on another device to check if you'd observe the same issue. 

This way we can determine if what you experience is device-related or there's something wrong with your Spotify account. Then we can suggest further steps on how you can resolve this. 

We'll look out for your reply.   

Windows works OK. Phone, with android 8.1, works OK. tablet (android 7.0)
fails.

Hey @josodijk

Thanks for getting back to me with more details. 

In case your saved albums appear normally on other devices, but you still experience this on your tablet, the issue with the missing albums seems to be device-related. 

That's why we'd suggest making sure your tablet is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

No updates pending. Not for the OS (the device is a Asus zenpad, btw), nor
for apps.When was spotify 8.5.62.904 released? I've seen the issue only
since this week. Not sure when it still worked; I use playlists a bit more
than albums. Guestimate would be the weekend before last at the latest.

Suggested posts