Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple bugs since last week or so

Multiple bugs since last week or so

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

ONE PLUS 5

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Since last week (or so) I'm having multiple problems with the spotify app on android.

Problem 1 (seen multiple posts about this one)

After starting the app it redownloads between the 10 and 100 songs (Not sure if it actually does, or just says so)

Not a big problem in my case, because I have an unlimited data plan for my phone, but I can imagine it being very annoying for people who don't.

Problem 2

The app often doesn't show a "notification" with the player controls.

This happends very often after using Spotify for a short period

Problem 3

While having the currenty playing song in front of you, and it switches to the next song, it shows a start and end time of 0:00, and if you try to skip a part of the song it will restart.

It can be fixed by closing and re-opening the current song screen.

Kind regards,

Jeroen M

7 Replies

I'm having the same issues, also been over the last week. OnePlus 5T.

Additionally - and maybe the worst problem, my music will pause itself and stop playing. As a premium user, I've been pretty dissatisfied with my experience the last week.

@trenttiola Ah yes, I've also had that problem maybe once or twice, so for me that's a very minor issue. But needless to say, something happened to spotify last week, and it doesn't seem to work out that well.

So I timed the pauses. It happens every 20 minutes on the dot.

How we can use It with track phone free on Android, and can teach how to improve skill in this application?

Same issues for me since about a week ago (late August).

• Spotify disappears from the notification bar.
  • Metadata not updating over bluetooth when this happens.
  • Song times showing 0:00 to about 0:10 over and over.

To get the app to work again, I need to manually kill it and restart it, but the problems always return after a short while.

Hi there,

This is a bug that's affecting many users and unfortunately there is no permanent fix at the moment. Force stopping the app will fix it for a little while but it always comes back. There is a thread open for the issue here :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Several-problems-since-last-update-bugged-controls-music-st...

Same issues, with several others.

1) When skipping songs (premium) the display will continue to show whatever the last song that played was, so until I hear the music from the next track, I don't actually know what's playing. This just keeps going no matter how many tracks I skip until I switch to a different view (like a playlist or home screen, etc.).

2)  Sometimes spotify will straight up not let me move the time seek on tracks. Some songs have very long or obnoxious intros that I like to skip, and lately spotify will randomly refuse to skip portions of songs, it just snaps back to whatever time stamp it was playing from before.

3) As of today, Spotify will not let me "like" a track when I am listening to a playlist radio station. If I hit the "like" button, it will say: "Sorry. We can't improve your station right now, please try again later." - I haven't done any troubleshooting with this since it JUST started, but at this point, it is just another drop in the bucket.

4) Probably a device issue, but when trying to skip tracks/pause/play from the homescreen of my phone, it will sometimes not accept inputs and I need to open the lock screen and do it from the app - other times it will, but there won't be any visual indication that a song has been skipped or that it has switched from 'Pause/Play' etc.

Example 1: I hit the "PLAY" button from my lock screen, the track begins to play, but instead of switching from a "PLAY" to a "PAUSE" button, it continues to show the "PLAY" button as if the song were paused.

Example 2: Great Food by Joey Pecoraro is playing - I hit skip, (which I wouldn't, but hey) now Glory Days by Joey Pecoraro is playing, but the lock screen still shows me that Great Food is playing.

Individually, these are minor annoyances, but collectively, this has made me seriously question why I am paying for this service.

Obviously I love spotify, or I would not even bother to post here. I've been using it for years and have had few complaints, but with all the recent bugs and issues I feel like the service is getting worse, not better.

As of right now, the only thing keeping me with spotify is brand loyalty and the daunting task of moving all of my music and playlists from one service to another - which is also not guaranteed to be bug-free.

Better the **bleep** you know than the **bleep** you don't, I guess.

Suggested posts