Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music ends before track is over, pauses for several minutes, then starts next track.

Music ends before track is over, pauses for several minutes, then starts next track.

I have a bizarre problem I've been trying to troubleshoot, to no avail.

I use Spotify on an Android Phone (Oppo Find 7a, running a variant ASOP 6.0), an iPad 2, and on a variety of desktop systems (Mac and Windows). On the desktop applications Spotify works fine.

On both my iPad and my Android Spotify apps, I can play a track in a playlist. But either 30 seconds from the end of the track or once the track is done playing, Spotify appears to hang. If I let it sit, it will resume after about 5 minutes, with the next track in the playlist. If I force close the app once it hangs, I can go back in and start a track. I'm at home, on a wifi network, with plenty of bandwidth (though this happens with downloaded songs, so network connectivity isn't the issue).

This behavior is consistent and repeatable. In an effort to isolate the problem, I've done a complete wipe/restore on both the iPad and the phone, without resolving the problem. 

Hoping somone might have had this bizarre bug before and know a solution. Or maybe I need to log an actual bug with Spotify? What's the method for doing that?

3 Replies

@chenghisean

Try using your devices under a different network, since that type of behavior usually is due to some network connectivity issue.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same behavior on home WiFi and about on T-Mobile's network. Also same behavior with downloaded playlists, so probably not a network issue.

Its also the case that it used to work fine on my home network, but now does not.

@chenghisean

That's really weird.

Get in touch with customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Maybe they know something we don't.

They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts