Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music not playing while on offline mode

Solved!

Music not playing while on offline mode

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I have downloaded songs and playlists offline use but when I play on offline mode the same downloaded music it won't play until I deactivate offline mode. Had this premium package for months now and was working perfect on offline mode. My mobile data wouldn't be used up. Now I can't play unless I deactivate it. All I can think of that changed is a software update because 24 hrs ago it was perfect. 

43 Replies

So I had this same issue (Galaxy S20FE) and went to my app settings to clear cache, noticed that all my permissions were denied (including storage). I allowed storage, cleared cache, and restarted my phone and now the download toggle is available on my Spotify library. 

I usually just go online and it fixes the issue but it is really annoying that it happens still.

Like this morning it was working fine then this afternoon it decided to grey out all songs, this with 24 days left to I had to go online.

You are out of luck if you are in an area without data for days.  

I have the same problem on one device. While the second device works perfectly. My point is: I am in an area with bad network right now. I cannot do a clean reinstall now. So what’s the solution? Sitting down and testing every playlist every time before leaving good network?! 😄🤦🏼‍♂️
For sure I have better things to do. 

I had the Enhance option enabled on my Liked songs list which prevented downloaded songs from playing in Offline mode. Worked fine after I disabled this option. 

My Spotify don’t work with the offline mode and I have some of my songs downloaded and I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it and everything ant still won’t work 

I have the same issue! I cleared cache and restarted the device ! Not working!!

Well, I have noticed the exact same problem. Is this latest 'thing' designed to get rid of customers? Cos it works. I joined Spotify and got the premium account so I could listen to my downloaded songs offline. It doesn't work anymore. Wouldn't it  be nice if spotify told everyone (surely all they have to do is put something online that this change was about to happen) instead of doing it on the quiet? I see that the official answer is to do a Clean install but lose all your downloaded music and start again?  So whats the point of paying my subscription? Guess what, I am off to spend my money elsewhere with another provider.   

Just turn off the enhanced option and it will work fine after it...

Turning off/on enhance doesn't fix it.  I ended up doing a clean install and it was working again until some update awhile ago and now it's started doing it's again.  

Maybe just don't update Spotify is the real fix....

Yes i think you are right there. Still not sussed out the problem. Oh well.
I guess offline means not signed in but connected to internet. Bit
misleading to be honest

Okay hello guys 

The solution to this is

1 open your liked songs and click on enhance and then turn your wifi off 

2 then a message saying that "you need to have internet connection to use enhance" (something like this) 

3 turn on your network and remove enhance 

Now you can play your downloaded music offline ( PS THIS WORKED FOR ME)   and please do excuse my english

Thank you for this. It worked on my Android tablet! I am amazed! Brilliant!

I wasn't able play Liked Songs due to the Enhance option too. Note that this is now called 'Smart Shuffle'. You can click on the shuffle icon to switch to regular shuffle (or disable shuffle of course).

All these worthless responses from Spotify… 

After days of searching for a way to fix this problem with download songs not playing regardless of cache clearing, redownloading the app, turning off enhance mode, or any other bs methods, I finally found the answer to the issue is, unfortunately, to redownload the songs in each individual playlist by tapping the green arrow and selecting “remove from downloads” and tapping again to download for offline playing. 

Spotify better get some better customer service asap before they loose more premium subscription holders. 

I also had this problem however as soon as I turned off the shuffle mix sign with the sparkles to the normal shuffle it worked... even though it still says spotify is set to offline at the bottom... hope this helps!

I had set my app to offline mode as I did not have service. However, playlists that I had downloaded would fail to load unless I came back online (specifically somewhere with service) then went back offline. I was not offline for more than 30 days, and my plan had not lapsed.

There were other features that also had issues loading or took a long time to work when I was in offline mode as well, as if it were trying to check connection and was just failing to do so.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 6 Pro

Operating System

Android 14

Hello. So, I'm having trouble trying to listen to the music I have saved on my phone when offline. I tap on an album or a playlist an it tries to load the track listing but it never does an eventually shows a "something went wrong message".

When I finally got an internet connection, I tried viewing the tracks on some albums and they loaded as normal. After that, I put the device offline again, and tried viewing some albums and only the ones I opened while online were shown but the rest still had the same problem. This didn't happen to me before.

It's quite a problem because it means I would have to open each and every album I have dowloaded to my phone while offline to be able to even open it while offline. Shouldn"t the app be able to load the music I have saved to my phone without an internet connection? It kinda defeats the purpose of saving music, if the files can"t be accessed while offline.

I'd really appreciate some help on this issue. It's been causing some really boring trips on the bus.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S22+)

Operating System

(One UI 5 1)

Screenshot_20240131_190459_Spotify.jpg

I'm also experiencing the same problem on my S23, I even uninstalled the app and installed it again, still got the same outcome.

That's not my issue. My music IS downloaded on my device it just never loads the tracklisting when offline.

I don't use that function so it doesn't apply to my case. It might for someone, though.

Suggested posts