Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music randomly stop playing

Solved!

Music randomly stop playing

Hey,

Since about 1 week im experiancing strange problem. After about 1min10 sec song is beeing paused. There is no pattern,  no matter if im streaming or listetning offline with or without headphones or via bluetooth. 

i did clean uninstall but the problem was not resolved. im using spotify for over 2 months now and never had that kind of problems before.  

Premium user since very beginig so no recent changes here if it matters.

Anyone has any idea what could be the source of this problem ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found the solution. I was using CLEAN MASTER application from google store. You can enable additional functionality (not by default) which will kill all background processes whenever screen goes off.

Thing is that i was using i in the past and i never had that kind of problems, even more - when screen goes off music was paused after about 30sec - 1 min so not right after turning off the screen. Additionaly, after turning screen on, and going back to Spotify, it was not shutdown but just paused this is why i have not expected that Clean Master would be responsible for this.

This app has over 100 000 000 downloads in google store so it is very possible that it might be responsible for same problems reported by other users.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Note that there are additional steps to take which the main troubleshooting guide does not cover. If you're still having issues can you confirm your phone model, android version, Spotify app version?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@BOYAR wrote:

Hey,

Since about 1 week im experiancing strange problem. After about 1min10 sec song is beeing paused. There is no pattern,  no matter if im streaming or listetning offline with or without headphones or via bluetooth. 

i did clean uninstall but the problem was not resolved. im using spotify for over 2 months now and never had that kind of problems before.  

Premium user since very beginig so no recent changes here if it matters.

Anyone has any idea what could be the source of this problem ?

Hey @BOYAR,

Sorry you're having this issue!

Which version of Android are you running? Are you running the stock ROM?

Grace, Daniel

im using LG D802 with Android 4.4.2 default version provided by LG.

Spotify app 1.5.0.739

@BOYAR wrote:
Grace, Daniel

im using LG D802 with Android 4.4.2 default version provided by LG.

Spotify app 1.5.0.739

Can you try the clean install guide I suggested?

Android Troubleshooting:

i did it twice already, no luck. meanwhile i was looking for solution on other portals and it seems that this problem is somehow common and no 100% fix exists beside trying to clean uninstall 😞

Ok. Give support a shout using the contact form linked in my signature.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

I have found the solution. I was using CLEAN MASTER application from google store. You can enable additional functionality (not by default) which will kill all background processes whenever screen goes off.

Thing is that i was using i in the past and i never had that kind of problems, even more - when screen goes off music was paused after about 30sec - 1 min so not right after turning off the screen. Additionaly, after turning screen on, and going back to Spotify, it was not shutdown but just paused this is why i have not expected that Clean Master would be responsible for this.

This app has over 100 000 000 downloads in google store so it is very possible that it might be responsible for same problems reported by other users.

Why didn't I think of that. Good spot!

Clean Master (as well as other cache cleaning apps) do cause issues as they clean out the 'Cache' surprisingly.

Android Troubleshooting:

As a continuation to this i have opened ticket for this problem, as suggested. After several checks, support asked if they can access my playlist on their device - imac and surprisingly they have the same problem as i do. i mean after changing configuration of Clean Master it is working fine but now due fact that support was able to recreate the same problem, they think that it might be somethig more than only Clean Master... interesting. Anyone knows if Imac have similar app as Clean master installed ? 😉

No idea I'm afraid, that's one for the ios forum... I hate Apple 🙂

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts