Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Galaxy S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12 OneUI 4.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps pausing and stopping tracks randomly. It's becoming pretty un-usable, it started happening after a new android update. Any idea why this is happening/what can be done to fix this? 

I've tried re-installing the app/updating/restarting the phone. I cannot rollback the device update so not sure what I can do here.

Any help on this would be really appreciated,

Thank you!

10 Replies

I'm having the same issues. It makes listening to podcasts on the assembly line unbearable as it will stop playback and I have to go into the app, find the episode (because it acts like it wasn't playing anything) and resume. It's a pain to have to time this between trucks.

Can confirm this issue. The music control also vanishes in notification bar and in the app. 

Same here on Samsung galaxy 10+ after the android 12 update as well. 

I am also experiencing this same issue (S21 with Android 12 and OneUI 4.1) -  that's how I got here!  I hope it's fixed soon because it's really annoying!

I am having the same problem. (S22 Ultra, Android 12, OneUI 4.1) Only fix right now is force closing the app, but that only lasts about 10 minutes. 

Same problem here as well. Hopefully Spotify get this sorted as it's very frustrating! I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and updated to the latest Android 12 One UI 4.1. However, I did this Android update a few weeks ago but have only noticed this issue when updating to Spotify v8.7.20.1261 (although it may just be a coincidence).

Music will randomly stop, and the music control in the notification bar disappears. I also get the notification "Spotify is trying to play..." appear very frequently now as well.

Same here. Music stops for 1-2 second then it's go on. Samsung Galaxy S20 with One Ui 4.1. In last months too many Bugs with Spotify! 

It may not just be Spotify. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra with Android 12 and have had to put up with my songs stop playing soon after I start them too. I too have become extremely frustrated by this and have tried every solution that I could find with no luck. Sad thing is that I have noticed the same issue recently when using my Sirius XM app. Wish I had an answer for all of us as to how to fix this problem. 

Suggested posts