Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops when phone locks

Music stops when phone locks

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung s10

My Question or Issue

Only sometimes when my phone locks my music stops playing. Even when connected to bluetooth devices. The second I light my phone up it starts playing. Phone and spotify both up to date.

Anyone know what I can do?

5 Replies

Hey @Dom1796 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

I have the exact same issue on my S10 plus, also located in UK.
I have tried reinstalling the app and that did not help. I will try cleaning the cache now.
When I restart the device the problem goes away for a day or so.

When the playback stops and I do nothing, it restarts the playback at somepoint by itself, lets say 2-3 minutes. This is for a downloaded playlist and it happened in the London underground so there is no internet connection.

Hi Jack,

Tried this and unfortunately only worked for a day or two. Do you know of anything else I can try?

Dom

I've got the same issue after I switched to my new device. I didn't have the issue on my old one..

Device: Samsung Galaxy A50

Hey @Dom1796,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We're aware that this is happening and our teams are currently looking into it.

If you tried @Jᴀᴄᴋ s solution out but still need help, please go to this Ongoing Issue, click +VOTE and subscribe to get further info on the topic.

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts