Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G)

Operating System

(Android 12 )

My Question or Issue

My Spotify won't open, the Spotify logo just appears on the screen, I've cleared the data and the cache, restarted my phone several times, uninstalled several times, given all permissions, and unrestricted its usage, but won't open.

4 Replies

Hey @MattHamill,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This issue has been reported by multiple users and is currently being investigated in this thread. You can leave a vote there.

We'll be posting the latest updates on the development in the big thread. Keep your app updated in the meantime.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've got the same problem. Started when I Smart linked and copied data from my S9 plus, running the latest update, to my new Tab A8. I've tried reinstalling, clearing cache, rebooting, everything you listed...

And yet all I get is the Spotify logo. I've just backed up my phone, and am going to do a factory reset, but its a bit much. Its working on all my other devices. Spotify are jokers.

Hey @REYSlotho,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Did you notice if this is happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Also, can you confirm if you have an SD card installed on your mobile phone? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. 

Finally, can you send us the Spotify version you have installed? You can check it, by following the steps of this link

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The very thread you link to says that if we have issues to open a new thread. So I suppose this is the new thread and these are new or ongoing issues. 

I didn't have the problem 3 weeks ago when that was posted, but I am now for the last 3 days. 

Uninstalled, reinstalled. 

Using Sumsung A5.

Loading screen takes forever or when the logo does disappear all I get is an empty home screen. Got in once only to listen to a few songs and it crashed shortly after.

Suggested posts