Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My android phone with the latest update doesnt connect to car's radio spotify control

My android phone with the latest update doesnt connect to car's radio spotify control

Plan

Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

( Galaxy a20e)

Operating System

( Android ) updated

My Question or Issue

My car radio has spotify control and it tries to connect to my android  but after the latest update 8.6.8.1094  only  shows connecting and stays that way. It plays but it stays on connecting and i don't have control anymore . I did all the necessaries steps like updates and fresh reinstalling etc. Thanks

13 Replies

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device couldn't help we suggest checking for any kind of power optimization settings or data cleaning apps that run active on the device. These features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity so it's best to disable them.

We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

In case this persists, let us know what make and model is your car radio along with the OS or firmware version of the device. This will help us take a closer look and assist you further. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hi Ivan.

Thanks for getting back,

All access is allowed and i don't have any cleaning or optimization app in the background. My model name is Kenwood KDC-BT430U. Unfortunately cant find the firmware version

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have a great day

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this happening when you use Bluetooth? Are you able to connect it using an USB cable?

Also, could you try connecting a different device to see if you notice the same behavior? 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

Yes it happens only when connected  through BT spot mode. If i change to normal Bluetooth mode it connects and it shows the song info but i also don't have control from my phone . I also tried with the usb cable  which doesn't  do anything  and with another older android phone i had still the same issue .

Thanks

Hi again @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this issue?

Also, could you confirm if you were able to perform the clean reinstall that @Ivan suggested?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy, 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately no. Nobody i know has a  premium  account  Also i already  confirmed that i made a fresh reinstalling the way Ivan suggested on his post.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and apologies for the confusion. 

Not to worry, you could also give it a try with a free account just to see if you can connect to your car. This will help us take a deeper look into the issue. 

In case you don't have any other account at the moment, you can try creating a free test account with a different email address here

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator

Hey  @Novy

No problem about  the confusion. It happens. 

Ok I'll try it and let you know as soon as i can!

Thank you

Hey @Novy

I tried also with a free account  with the same results. Please allow me to just recap the issue,

1. My radio has spotify control (Model on the previous post)

2. On normal bluetooth mode my radio  can display the current song from the app but i don't have the control from the radio panel as this is the way it should be. App remains is normal mode.

3. Now through spotify control mode my radio stuck in display connecting mode,

That means that spotify app should connect and change into car mode (Enabled btw) instead of that the app or the radio doesn't recognize  each other anymore automatically and i have to manually press  play every time i connect. Also  don't have control from the radio panel as it should and it doesn't display the song since is always on connecting.

All the necessaries steps like clean  reinstalling, updates etc are all done!  All of these happened after a latest update mentioned in a previous post.

Maybe  my radio needs  also some kind of update?

Hope i helps and  clears some things

Thank you

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Since this happens across different accounts and different devices, the issue seems to be isolated to your car's stereo. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to check if there are any pending updates.

Keep us posted. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey @Ecarlos

Thanks for getting back on the problem

I suppose your response is not based on logical hypothesis and you checked up with the programmers of the app first since it happened after that if they made any changes and all that before you gave me that answer correct?

Thank you Ecarlos for being here!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

Spotify officially supports Android Auto and CarPlay, but cannot guarantee full functionality for the different car infotainment systems or car radios. An update could cause a change in behavior, but if it's not causing issues with other BT connections, it seems the specific mode of operation of the radio has been affected and it's up to the manufacturer to provide an update if possible.

We would also recommend to make sure to completely unpair and forget the connections between your phone and the radio, and factory reset the radio. 

But unless there's the option to update the actual radio, to accommodate for any changes in the Spotify app, it will be difficult to find a solution.

Hope you find this information helpful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It seems that  i was right all along after all. Nothing to do with the brands update.

It started to connect again ( maybe with the next update? ) with no issues for the time being.

Whatever you did or didn't thank you anyhow!

Suggested posts