Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My songs keep downloading every day

Solved!

My songs keep downloading every day

Plan

Premium

Country

Chile

Device

Samsung J2 core

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I had to change my cellphone and in the new one the music I download is deleted every day and start to downloaded again. I already try a clean restart and remains the same.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one on the affected device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

We also suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one on the affected device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

We also suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you, Ivan. Apparently it was a data cleaning of my cellphone.

Regards. 

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you.

Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify. 

Thank you and take care! 

I got the same issue, tried it all, nothing fixed.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd first recommend making sure that you're not using any battery saving/task killing apps, as these could cause issues with Spotify's cache. 

Also, would you mind letting us know if you've already tried a clean reinstall of the app? Keep in mind that this is different than simply reinstalling and can help clearing any corrupted files that might be causing this behavior. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did not work

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log into your account using a different device?

It's also worth giving it a try using a different connection. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Yes with different device as well as different accounts

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending over your device's make, model, exact OS version and Spotify version so we can take a better look?

Also, could you let us know if you noticed anything new using a different connection?

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Nothing change on that either.

Spec: Galaxy M21, OneUi2.5Core, 4GB64, 8.5.89.901

Hey again @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you let us know what connections have you tried, along with the make, model, and OS version of the other devices where you're having this issue?

Also, if you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it can interfere with the app's performance.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ah, appreciate your help but I am going to stop using Spotify in few days, so it does not matter anymore.

Found an easy fix. Long press the app icon and tap "i". You'll be on app settings of samsung menu... there, you only have to review app permissions. ALLOW acess to memory. For some reason, my S10e keeps changing this. Open again spotify and you're all set.

Hope this helps.

I'm having a similar problem. My phone - a Moto (g)power, 2020 version - did an OTA upgrade to Android 11 three weeks ago. Ever since, around once a week the Spotify app switches from "SD Card" to "Device Storage" without my asking and downloads all 1,700 files again (taking 17GB of internal storage with it).

The phone was kind of laggy after the Android 11 upgrade, so I did a full factory reset, which included reinstalling Spotify. This fixed most of the lagging, but the Spotify problem persists.

Although no other apps (or Android itself) report any problems with the SD card, I went ahead and bought a new SanDisk 128GB card last week... and it's currently downloading all my files for the second time since putting in the new card.

This is EXTREMELY annoying. Any ideas?

Hey @tunaman_jim

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.

Hope it gest sorted out soon. We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey guys

This is for samsung users apparently this is common issue for us. My friend recently faced this.

Here is what you will need to do 

1) go to your phone settings (not the Spotify settings)

)Next scroll down to "battery and device care"

3) once open battery and device care the will be three vertical dots on your top right of the screen in there you will find "automation"

4)Once your in automation, switch of any daily automatic optimization. 

Hope this solves the problem 

But I seriously think the app sould be running freely in default settings and the user should not be made to make changes in settings which can affect the whole phone

I've had a similar problem for years: every time I start Spotify on my phone, I'll get a message that says something like "now downloading track 88 of 90". No idea what it's actually doing, and this has been an issue on, like, 6 different phones, from Samsung to LG to Motorola, all running everything from Android 6 to Android 11, on three different carriers.

Hey @tunaman_jim,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

First of all, keep in mind that this can happen if a playlist you've downloaded has been recently modified, so the next time you open the app it will try to sync to reflect the recent changes in that downloaded playlists. This could usually happen if you downloaded playlists created by other users, Spotify created playlists that update often, Made for you playlists, Collaborative playlists, etc. So if you've downloaded some of these playlists, this can explain the behavior you describe.  

However, if you've only downloaded playlists that just you have access to and have made no changes in them recently, check if you have any issues playing your offline songs. If you do, can you let us know the exact make/model and operating system of your current device along with the Spotify version you use?

On another note, could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? If you're having issues playing the songs, you could start with a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps to do it here

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Similar issue, aside from the one you posted (I have that as well), but recently It seems like Spotify is stuck on downloading one single music track.

I've Force Stopped, Cleared Cache & in the last few weeks, I've had to Uninstall & Reinstall Spotify 3 or 4 TIMES.. Which is a REAL pita when you have lots of music tracks.

Uninstalling & Reinstalling seems to be the only recommendation from Spotify Support & it's not satisfactory, that this is the only solution, which does not even work all the time.

C'mon Spotify, fix your app!

I've been using Spotify Premium for more than 6 years, and never had any issues until Spotify pushed a buggy update a few weeks ago. 

Suggested posts