Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New 2019 Update

New 2019 Update

I have an Android and just got the 2019 update. I have 2 main issues with it.

1- Where are my songs?! I want all of my downloaded content in ONE place. I do not want to have to choose which playlist I want to listen to. Sometimes I just want to shuffle everything why can't I do that anymore? I pay to use this and the ease and quality of it has gone down with this update.

2- The one thing that I have had issues with in the past (that I have messaged about) weren't fixed but actually made worse! This was with the Podcasts feature.. before the update, if I paused a podcast and left the app, I had to come back and go all the way through and select the podcast over again eventhough it was on the bottom of the screen seemingly waiting to be played again. 

Now, with this update, it still does this but now, I will be in the middle of listening to a podcast and it iust STOPS so I look at it to hit play again, and it says "this not available" eventhough it is DOWNLOADED onto my phone. This is a huge issue. Because I then have to go to online mode and play it and then go to offline mode so I'm not using data!

Why not fix the issues there already were? It's just worse now and I can't find my songs all in one! Huge issue.

8 Replies

How can I get someone to reply to me? I want to know the trick to shuffling all of my downloaded content.

Hey @3eckyZ.

Thanks for getting in touch.

At Spotify, weโ€™re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When weโ€™re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesnโ€™t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. As a work around you could create one mega playlist with all your 'downloaded' playlists.  If you download this playlist it won't take up extra storage.

Regarding the podcasts issue, we are aware of this and our devs are working on it to solve it. Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version. You can read here how to reinstall the app and get a fresh new installation.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

"As a workaround you could create one mega playlist..."? Is that really Spotify's answer to dismantling one of the core features of the platform, which was a saved library?

This new update is abysmal and needs to be rolled back.

I hate this new update. A lot of the time pages won't load. I go into an album or artist page and i get a black screen now. It's annoying to find music. Spotify always had an ok interface and now, at least for me, it's unusable. If it's not rolled back by August, I'm cancelling my subscription. I'd rather just go back to buying music.

But, not all of my downloaded songs are in a playlist. In fact, maybe most of them aren't. When I find a song I like, I add it to my library and maybe download it. Since I used to be able to just shuffle SONGS, it was never an issue.

Can you suggest a work around for this? Can you suggest how to use the current Spotify for someone who hasn't structured their listening around playlists? 

@Guido wrote:

As a work around you could create one mega playlist with all your 'downloaded' playlists.  If you download this playlist it won't take up extra storage.

Have to say this update does seem to be an update for the sake of an update.

Playlists, Arists and Albums but no Songs?

A separate playlist called "Liked Songs"?

But add an album to your library and you then have to "Like" the tracks to get them in Liked Songs? If I've added an album I'd say it's a safe bet I like the songs.

And what if you decide you don't want an album anymore? Delete it from your library but the songs stay in Liked Songs until you remove each one individually!

This is nuts. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this. 

I too will be cancelling my subscription. We have a family plan.. for what? This nightmare?

I won't be cancelling. That would be a little extreme. But I'm certainly not a fan of poorly developed updates that add frustration to what was previously an excellent app.

Suggested posts