New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

user-removed
Not applicable

@LenrOc86, I just reread your original post. You say that you like to download albums and not have them go into your liked songs? So are you downloading for offline use? So are you saying that when you download these they automatically go into liked songs? Because you can "save" an album in your album tab without it going into liked songs. I just don't know about downloading an album. I haven't tried that yet. 

LeaS1706

I've noticed that if I don't save the entire album, only the songs that I have liked from that album will appear in the artists tab. This still means that the album will be completely gone from the albums tab, but if you only want to listen to songs you've liked from a specific artist, it works!

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes, the album tab is now just for saved albums. If you don't want to save an album, it won't show up here. Also, if you save an album, you save the whole album. However, the songs won't appear in the liked songs unless you purposely like each song (or use the 3-dot menu to like all the songs).

ideoforms

Thanks J-Morts, that’s just the fix I was looking for 👌

G_Loc
Gig Goer

Just came here to say that this new "feature" is trash.  The Artists and Albums tabs are missing TONS of items.  Thankfully I was able to pull the APK from one of my devices that had the previous version of Spotify.  Going to roll with that version for a while until you guys sort this out.

atitlan
Regular

I think this is the big problem.  You used to be able to save an album and the tracks would be in the songs list.

This meant you could easily play just the album or shuffle the tracks of all saved albums.

If Spotify want to persist with the track-focused 'liked songs' approach that everyone hates the  they need to introduce something that addresses the "shuffle tracks from all my saved albums" requirement.

Personally, failing reverting to the previous  system, I would suggest that Spotify add "shuffle by album" and "shuffle all album tracks" to the album page. to randomly play whole saved albums and random tracks from any save album, respectively.

ntmh

This is my first comment in this forum. I am LIVID after this update. I've been using and PAYING FOR Spotify for FOUR YEARS, all throughout college. When discovering new music I would "like" each song individually through an album as I listened. I would be able to access these songs through the Albums tab super easily. It made it super convenient to leave out songs I didn't like as much so I wouldn't have to skip when driving, etc. Because of this strategy, though, I have maybe a quarter as many albums as I should have because I didn't start using the "save" function until relatively recently. Now I have to manually "save" every album I have "liked" previously, and there's no shortcut to do this on PC or mobile (Android, fwiw). I also have albums in that tab that I NEVER saved, only liked a couple of songs from. I have this problem on older versions as well and I am unsure how far back I'd need to revert to reverse this problem, if that's even possible at this point. Some of my downloaded albums also disappeared, likely because I "liked" them instead of "saving"! Why would they separate these functions so suddenly and without warning? They worked the same before and it was easy to understand. I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from Premium if they don't fix this - Apple Music is the same price per month as a student.

SpotABug
Regular

This is BEYOND stupid.  I've been wondering for over a week why Spotify wouldn't add saved album's songs to my Liked Songs.  I finally find this thread, with Spotify saying they did it on purpose?  Seriously? Like you couldn't have just added a second button that says "Save Album Only", or similar, and leave everything AS-IS.  And, like others said, the option to click "..." and see "Save All Songs" DOES NOT EXIST on the Windows Desktop App.  Who is managing this development team?  I see issues like this constantly popping up, on a "genre" of software that is EASY to write and maintain, and should be beyond mature at this point.  It's like they reached critical user mass and decided to cut the development budget by 90%. 

In the meantime, for those in my predicament and equally inconvenienced, the fastest way I've found to accomplish adding all songs from an album to my liked songs is to click through to the album (showing just the tracks of that album), click any one of the songs, hit Ctrl-A (select all), right click, and select "Add to My Library".  Yes, it's still a pain. 

And, on a tangent, how many years have people been asking for a raise to the 10,000 library song limit?  Your answer is totally bogus.  You are storing simple lists, pointers, to the same songs - no significant extra storage or processing required.  How would increasing a simple list size affect the performance of your server or the "99%" (yeah right!) who don't have 10,000 songs in their library.  I'm seriously looking at other options now, because Spotify appears completely clueless to it's users' needs, their answers seem disingenuous at best, and is slow as molasses to address even the easiest of fixes.

Xpressious

Seriously, if they will not fix this anytime soon, I am removing my subscription! That is just bad!!!

gabs916
Casual Listener

Also first time using this forum, and also coming here to explicity let spotify know they have ruined the service for me. They need to give their head a shake, this is absolute horsesh*t.

*Slow clap* You've completely ruined how the library should work. As with most long time users, I will also be canceling my premium is this is not rectified by my next billing period.

SUGGESTED POSTS