Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New android update removes feature??

New android update removes feature??

My app automatically updated (I presume), and the update removes a feature I loved. I'm on Android, and there used to be a little lightning bolt in the top right hand corner on my screen, just to the left of the settings cog. When the button was pushed, it took me to a new releases feed, where I could scroll to see what my followed artists had released recently. I LOVED this feature, and it's gone now! What's the deal with this? Does anyone know anything? Will it come back?? I'm gutted that it's gone!

4 Replies

I loved that feature as well. For the short amount of time it was there I used it a ton! Honestly one of my favorite new features on spotify for a long time. Would also like to know what happened to it or if it's coming back? Thank you. 

same!!! i loved that feature so much. ive been waiting for it for a very long time. now they just removed it from both on android and ios! that's so upset... the release radar playlist can't possibly keep up with all my follows and i really don't wanna miss any new songs, eps and albums of my follows that's why that feature is so important to me. this is a very basic feature we are talking abt. i don't see any reason removing it. it should've been there long time ago. whoever sees this, please bring it back. WE NEED IT!! thank you.

Yes, I had this on iOS as well for only 2 weeks and I absolutely loved it! It was the best feature they’ve released so far in my opinion and then they immediately took it away :(.... SPOTIFY BRING IT BACK!!

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We're often testing new features and improvements in the app, which would explain why you were seeing this feature in the past but now are having troubles finding it.

If a follow feed is something you'd like to see again in the app in the future, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in this idea. This way, you can also stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this.

For more info around this, we'd also recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

We hope this info was useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts