Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nexus 5x USB Storage

Nexus 5x USB Storage

Just got a new Nexus 5X, it's a great phone but there's no microSD slot, which means I have to store my music on the phone itself, which doesn't have much memory.

To remedy this, I bought a 32 gig USB Type C thumb drive to sync my offline files to...but, I don't think there's any way to sync offline files to a USB device (for piracy reasons, I'm assuming).

So, is there a way for me to sync offline files to, well, anything else besides my phone? I saw a USB Type C to microSD thing on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-USB-C-MicroSD-Reader-113506/dp/B00YQM8352). Maybe this would do it?

3 Replies

Hey @zenpuff

I don't think it would work. Somebody already asked that in Amazon, and was told that 'This unit would only work from file management'.

In other words, apps can't use it by themselves.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ah I see that now. Well, I'm not sure what to do now really. I think Google Music lets you download music in mp3 format. I could put those on the stick, but I'd rather not switch services.

Yes you can put music on an otg memory stick that fits directly to your phone, I have a nexus 5x and I use one, I got it from Amazon £20

15095260846021323907910.jpg

Suggested posts