Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync various speakers on different platforms

Hi, I have both and Ecobee4 smart thermostat with Alexa (Amazon) and various Google products (Google Home and Chromecast). Does Spotify app allows to sync the play between various units to create a multi-room setup? Thanks!

• Hi, I have both and Ecobee4 smart thermostat with Alexa (Amazon) and various Google products (Google Home and Chromecast). Does Spotify app allows to sync the play between various units to create a m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Moved downloaded spotify songs to SD card, now I can't play them

Had a bunch of playlists downloaded, did the apps2 SD thing and moved all my data to my SD card but now spotify won't recognize the songs in my playlists as downloaded and I don't want to eat up data when I am off line. Any tips on how I should've do...

• Had a bunch of playlists downloaded, did the apps2 SD thing and moved all my data to my SD card but now spotify won't recognize the songs in my playlists as downloaded and I don't want to eat up data...
  • havenemperor
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen to local music based on my pc on my android

Hi,I Have music on my pc and I want to listen to some of them on my android device.I've follow this steps :https://support.spotify.com/fr/article/listen-to-local-files/But It doesn't work.I can see the local files on my android, but ther'es all grey....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I Have music on my pc and I want to listen to some of them on my android device. I've follow this steps : https://support.spotify.com/fr/article/listen-to-local-files/ But It doesn't work. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone

I have the premium Spotify on my s7 edge and have just changed to an s8 but it's not recognising the premium and now telling me to start a free trial . I pay for this but can't use it

• I have the premium Spotify on my s7 edge and have just changed to an s8 but it's not recognising the premium and now telling me to start a free trial . I pay for this but can't use it 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error en la descarga

Hasta el dia de ayer tenia mis playlist descargadas en la SD, ahora ya no me lo permite, sale ERROR EN LA DESCARGA por falta de memoria, la memoria se encuentra vacia y aún asi no me lo permite, esto solo sucede con la SD, por favor, que solución tie...

• Hasta el dia de ayer tenia mis playlist descargadas en la SD, ahora ya no me lo permite, sale ERROR EN LA DESCARGA por falta de memoria, la memoria se encuentra vacia y aún asi no me lo permite, esto...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs stop playing randomly

When I'm in my car everyday on my way to work, I have my android phone (Lollipop 5.1.1 - Spotify last version) playing downloaded music on spotify using aux-in (not bluetooth). I have no Internet connexion but it's ok songs are "downloaded". But I do...

• Music Fan
  • When I'm in my car everyday on my way to work, I have my android phone (Lollipop 5.1.1 - Spotify last version) playing downloaded music on spotify using aux-in (not bluetooth). I have no Internet con...
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer not working

The equalizer has stopped working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still having the same issue. I am a premium subscriber and have a Moto Z Play (Android 7.1.1) with the JBL speakers mod (gen 1). It used to work no matter the connection type and...

• The equalizer has stopped working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still having the same issue. I am a premium subscriber and have a Moto Z Play (Android 7.1.1) with the JBL speakers mod (gen 1)...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to log on & all my saved albums deleted!

Since the last update I found that I had been logged out of Spotify and couldn't log back in. A password change enabled me to log back in. When I did I found that my saved albums had all disappeared to be replaced by these random songs from artists w...

• Since the last update I found that I had been logged out of Spotify and couldn't log back in. A password change enabled me to log back in. When I did I found that my saved albums had  all disapp...
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music interrupts then resume on its own

Hi, I have an issue that whenever I turn my screen off and the Spotify app is in the background, will stop on it's own, like the music gets suspended, but whenever I touch the volume up/down or wake the screen even before entering my password, I can ...

• Hi, I have an issue that whenever I turn my screen off and the Spotify app is in the background, will stop on it's own, like the music gets suspended, but whenever I touch the volume up/down or wake ...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The quality of the songs turn out poor sometimss

I am falling in love with Spotify and planning to pay for Premium, but these days I have been dealing with the music not playing smoothly. Although I set up the quality as 'high quality', some parts of the songs still do not sound well. May I ask whe...

• I am falling in love with Spotify and planning to pay for Premium, but these days I have been dealing with the music not playing smoothly. Although I set up the quality as 'high quality', some parts ...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth Streaming

Hi there, I will be travelling to the US the weekend and was wondering if there are any charges use Spotify via the Bluetooth in my car provided I am listening in offline mode?Pretty sure this is fine but wanted to double check.TIA

• Hi there,   I will be travelling to the US the weekend and was wondering if there are any charges use Spotify via the Bluetooth in my car provided I am listening in offline mode? Pretty sure ...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify drained my data allowance

Hi all,On the morning of 4/9/17, sometime between midnight and 8am (BST), Spotify drained nearly my entire monthly data allowance (3GB), which has cost me £12 as I had to bring forward my SIM package by nearly a whole month.I'm a bit confused as to h...

• Hi all, On the morning of 4/9/17, sometime between midnight and 8am (BST), Spotify drained nearly my entire monthly data allowance (3GB), which has cost me £12 as I had to bring forward my SIM packa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing album artwork

So I got a new Pixel running nougat and Spotify had an awesome new now playing screen. When I updated to Oreo it went away and I was back to the same old boring screen.I then read that this feature is active only on certain user accounts bc it's stil...

• So I got a new Pixel running nougat and Spotify had an awesome new now playing screen. When I updated to Oreo it went away and I was back to the same old boring screen. I then read that this feature...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Chromecast: Audio is not working.

Hello everyone! I'm sorry about my English... I'm trying to play the Spotify on Chromecast... But after the last update, the sound is not working... The app is able to connect to Chromecast and the TV is showing the Spotify app, but the sound is not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! I'm sorry about my English... I'm trying to play the Spotify on Chromecast... But after the last update, the sound is not working... The app is able to connect to Chromecast and the T...
  • mariojuniortrab
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Exiting Spotify using Google Assistant

What is the command, if there is one, to terminate the Spotify app using Google Assistant ?

• Casual Listener
  • What is the command, if there is one, to terminate the Spotify app using Google Assistant ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume change and tracks skipping

When I plug my headphones in to listen to music, my volume changes itself and skips the track playing. I've been having this problem for awhile but haven't been able to fix it. I've looked online but couldn't find anything about it. If anyone can hel...

• Visitor
  • When I plug my headphones in to listen to music, my volume changes itself and skips the track playing. I've been having this problem for awhile but haven't been able to fix it. I've looked online but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App logged out by itself

I was listening to music before going to bed, after waking up it was logged out and i can't login anymore. It says " To listen aboard for more than 14 days, tell us were you are at spotify.com" I can login normaly on pc, but i can't login on mobile a...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to music before going to bed, after waking up it was logged out and i can't login anymore. It says " To listen aboard for more than 14 days, tell us were you are at spotify.com" I can...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to play only one album then stop - not go on to some random album radio next

seems like since recent update, if i start an album at bedtime and fall asleep, that album will finish and some seemingly random new album will start, and then another and another all night until i stop it. says sometihng about album radio. for examp...

• Casual Listener
  • seems like since recent update, if i start an album at bedtime and fall asleep, that album will finish and some seemingly random new album will start, and then another and another all night until i s...
  • SleepytimeJo
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Stop automatic download of offline playlists

Hi all,everytime I switch Spotify on my android phone from offline to online, my offline playlists will be downloaded automatically. I really hate this Most of the time I switch from offline to online to search for new songs. But I cannot search whil...

• Regular
  • Hi all, everytime I switch Spotify on my android phone from offline to online, my offline playlists will be downloaded automatically. I really hate this 😉 Most of the time I switch from offline t...
  • DagSchel
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Stop download offline
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify logged out by itself and won't let me back it at all

Yesterday I was traveling and didn't have radio signal So I thought I would play songs from my downloaded music. I opened spotify and it was logged out and asking me to log in again. I've been trying for almost 24 hours now. It won't accept any of my...

• Yesterday I was traveling and didn't have radio signal So I thought I would play songs from my downloaded music.  I opened spotify and it was logged out and asking me to log in again.  I've...
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes