Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art doesn't show for synced local files

I have several synced files in my device. They play correctly, but the album art doesn't show, neither in the main player nor in the lock screen. It is worth noting that in the Windows Desktop player the album art does show, and if I open the file wi...

• I have several synced files in my device. They play correctly, but the album art doesn't show, neither in the main player nor in the lock screen. It is worth noting that in the Windows Desktop player...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on samsung s7 edge will not recognize premium

Hello,Today I got my Samsung s7 edge and after downloading Spotify it will not acknowledge my premium account.I reinstalled the app and signed in multiple times but it always asks if I want to go premium but not to activate my account on this device....

• Hello, Today I got my Samsung s7 edge and after downloading Spotify it will not acknowledge my premium account. I reinstalled the app and signed in multiple times but it always asks if I want t...
  • ayecove
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode: Freezing on songs I haven't downloaded??

Hey folks, On my commute I love to turn offline mode on and shuffle all songs. Problem is it shuffles to a song I haven't downloaded and freezes there not starting the track or moving on. Quite frustrating when you're on the highway and can't do anyt...

• Hey folks,   On my commute I love to turn offline mode on and shuffle all songs. Problem is it shuffles to a song I haven't downloaded and freezes there not starting the track or moving on. Qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot Pause Through Bluetooth Connected Devices

So I recently purchased a smart watch (Moto 360, 1st Generation) and have been using it for a day or two. If I am listening to spotify on my phone, I get the pop up on my watch. I click to pause the music through my watch, but while the symbol does c...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently purchased a smart watch (Moto 360, 1st Generation) and have been using it for a day or two. If I am listening to spotify on my phone, I get the pop up on my watch. I click to pause the ...
  • KG11
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Android offline - playlists songs undownload

This problem has infuriated me across 2 different handsets (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus 4) to the point now where I will cancel my subscription because it is costing me in data without me realising all of the time. Here's my issue: I download ...

• Regular
  • This problem has infuriated me across 2 different handsets (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus 4) to the point now where I will cancel my subscription because it is costing me in data without me real...
  • winterwulf
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Unwanted playlist web player android

During middle of a song in playlist web player message pops up, stops current song and play list and starts an unwanted random playlist. It also adds the unwanted playlist to following.

• Casual Listener
  • During middle of a song in playlist web player message pops up, stops current song and play list and starts an unwanted random playlist. It also adds the unwanted playlist to following. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't start spotify on my smartwatch when spotify is in offline mode?

I can't start up spotify from my smartwatch when the offline mode is enabled in my spotify app on my phone. I have the offline mode on quite often to reduce data usage. I don't understand why I can't start up the app when it's in offline mode though,...

• Visitor
  • I can't start up spotify from my smartwatch when the offline mode is enabled in my spotify app on my phone. I have the offline mode on quite often to reduce data usage. I don't understand why I can't...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

So, I'm having an issue that I don't know how to solve. Im trying to save an album on my phone, which I've never had a problem with before, but it's telling me I don't have any space on my device. Is that related to how much storage I have on Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I'm having an issue that I don't know how to solve. Im trying to save an album on my phone, which I've never had a problem with before, but it's telling me I don't have any space on my device. Is...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking up internal storage even if deleted.

I have had storage problems with spotify since i first used it on a smartphone which dates years back. Currently i have figured out exactly what seems to be the problem (the symptoms, not the solution unfortunately). So, Spotify will save to my SD-Ca...

• Regular
  • I have had storage problems with spotify since i first used it on a smartphone which dates years back.    Currently i have figured out exactly what seems to be the problem (the symptoms, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Sync Problem after force stop

HiI have Spotify Premium , For some reason i had to force stop spotify in Settings > Apps. Then i had to login again but all of my saved songs and music collections were gone. The saved songs are still present in my SD Card but spotify seems to have ...

• Hi I have Spotify Premium , For some reason i had to force stop spotify in Settings > Apps. Then i had to login again but all of my saved songs and music collections were gone. The saved songs ar...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Me siguen cobrando

El mes pasado me pase a Spotify free e igualmente se me hizo un cargo a la tarjeta de crédito quisiera saber por qué?

• El mes pasado me pase a Spotify free e igualmente se me hizo un cargo a la tarjeta de crédito quisiera saber por qué? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[FRENCH HOW TO] TUTO Stocker les musiques sur la carte SD

C'est un calvaire que beacoup d'abonnés payants de Spotify pour android connaissent, la nouvelle application toute de noire vétue est géniale, certes, mais pour qu'elle soit parfaite il manque un élément capital: le choix du lieu de stockage des musi...

• Regular
  • C'est un calvaire que beacoup d'abonnés payants de Spotify pour android connaissent, la nouvelle application toute de noire vétue est géniale, certes, mais pour qu'elle soit parfaite il man...
  • Bryan56700
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes

Offline music is downloaded "all days"

Hey there, During this weeks my Spotify is working hard. All days i have to that download all my songa because Spotify removes it. My smartphone is an Samsumg S5 Neo and the app is updated. I need help, because im tired with this problem that put my ...

• Hey there,   During this weeks my Spotify is working hard. All days i have to that download all my songa because Spotify removes it.  My smartphone is an Samsumg S5 Neo and the app is up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Choppy connection from phone to car via bluetooth

I am getting a really choppy connection between my Android phone (Software version 6.0) and my Kia radio (2015 Soul, standard issue) via bluetooth. DIdn't use to have this problem. My Spotify software is updated. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting a really choppy connection between my Android phone (Software version 6.0) and my Kia radio (2015 Soul, standard issue) via bluetooth. DIdn't use to have this problem. My Spotify softwar...
  • nlloyd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Galaxy S5 Stuttering/Distorting when screen is off

Hey everyone, Recently I have been having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy s5 running Android 6.0.1 Marshmello. The music likes to stutter/cut out then cut back in at random times during songs. This is over Bluetooth as well and on normal headphones. T...

• Hey everyone,   Recently I have been having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy s5 running Android 6.0.1 Marshmello. The music likes to stutter/cut out then cut back in at random times during songs...
  • themichamoo
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Running unavailable

Running is gone. When I open browse and look at 'Genres & Moods' there is no Running. The only way for me now is to go to recent played items and select a running playlist. It used to be next to Workout

• Regular
  • Running is gone. When I open browse and look at 'Genres & Moods' there is no Running. The only way for me now is to go to recent played items and select a running playlist. It used to be next to ...
  • Janoz77
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen overlay

Hy, does anyone know how to make the lockscreen overlay the whole screen and not this little thing.

• Hy, does anyone know how to make the lockscreen overlay the whole screen and not this little thing. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playback on mobile devices

Kia ora from New Zealand, First of all, I think it's ridiculous Spotify doesn't have a freephone number for customer inquiries - not EVERYONE (including me) has time to sift through Google in order to inform you of a fault toward your Premium service...

• Kia ora from New Zealand,   First of all, I think it's ridiculous Spotify doesn't have a freephone number for customer inquiries - not EVERYONE (including me) has time to sift through Google i...
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'Your Library' no longer available after restarting Huawei P10.

Hi,Every time I have to restart my Huawei P10 the Spotify playlists and albums I have added for offline use are no longer available and must be downloaded again. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution? Thanks in advance.

• Hi, Every time I have to restart my Huawei P10 the Spotify playlists and albums I have added for offline use are no longer available and must be downloaded again. Does anyone else have this problem ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Orden de canciones en la lista favoritos

Buenos días, Me gustaría saber si es posible, en la app spotify android, de elegir el orden de las canciones de la lista favoritos. Sé que en versiones anteriores el orden era por fecha de "más reciente - última" siento la más reciente guarda la prim...

• Buenos días,   Me gustaría saber si es posible, en la app spotify android, de elegir el orden de las canciones de la lista favoritos. Sé que en versiones anteriores el orden era por fecha de "...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes