Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No equalizer working anymore

Solved!

No equalizer working anymore

I have installed the latest Android JB 4.3 update on my Galaxy s4 I9505. Now neither the built in Android equalizer has an effect on the sound, nor any other 3rd party equalizer app. Spotify is just ignoring everything. And without eq it is impossible for me to use Spotify... anyone else with this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I still have this problem aswell on my Samsung Galaxy. It's extremely annoying. Seems as if you reinstall the EQ activates for a short period of time and then stops working again.

Anyone from Spotify care to make a statement?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Well I know %100 that this app will work because not only do I always use on my own S4 which is running 4.4 but I also developed it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplistic.floating_equalizer

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Works fine on both my android 4.3 devices. 

Same on my S4 since I updated to 4.3

It sounds really flat without the eq!

I can not get any eq (spotify, play store eq, android organic) to have any effect whatsoever s4 VZW 4.3

Really really anoying, no idea what the problem is seems to be a samsung software issue

Other music apps that supports the eq works, so it must be Samsung that has made some changes with update 4.3 on Galaxy S4, but hopefully Spotify can make it work.

I hope so, too. I was ok with the fact, that the eq won't work with my own songs, uploaded to Spotify. But no eq at all is really bad 😉

I have the same problem, mine works at times, and suddenly it just stop working.

@Dast27 wrote:
I hope so, too. I was ok with the fact, that the eq won't work with my own songs, uploaded to Spotify. But no eq at all is really bad 😉

So...when are you going to solve this guys? I have the same problem on the Galaxy s4.

I'll thing we just have to wait for either Samsung or spotify to come with a update to fix the problem 😕 

@Dast27 wrote:
I have installed the latest Android JB 4.3 update on my Galaxy s4 I9505. Now neither the built in Android equalizer has an effect on the sound, nor any other 3rd party equalizer app. Spotify is just ignoring everything. And without eq it is impossible for me to use Spotify... anyone else with this problem?

Same here on my S4 after updating to 4.3, Equalizer App makes my Spotify play without any sound, Music Volume EQ doesnt have any effect. the standard MusicFX that comes with android sometimes works,

Hi guys,

Seems to be an S4 problem. We're looking into it and hope to have it sorted soon.

Thanks for letting us know.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that also comes with Android 4.3.

Same problem here. I have a Samsung S4. Before upgrading to 4.3 I could keep the equalizer working. The method I used was going to the soundeffects tab while playing a song and leaving that tab open. I could close Spotify and open a browser or a game and the equalizer kept working. It worked as long as I didn't leave the tab, if I had to select another playlist or w/e, leaving the tab, the equalizer stopped working but if I did nothing it stayed on.

Now I don't have any soundeffects whatsoever :/. It just sounds bad now.

Same problem on my s4 running 4.3. Found one eq that worked for some minutes. Suddenly spotify didnt playback anymore, had to turn of the eq.

It seems to be a problem with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Here's my story. I got a brand new S4. I was quite excited. Although I prefer Apple for computers and tablets, I do prefer Galaxies for mobiles. When I started hearing to music with Spotify, the first thing I did was to try to adjust the equalizer. It was a disaster. Not only volume dropped, but the music overall quality dropped significantly. Like hearing music from a landline phone call 30 years ago. I turned off the equalizer, used Adapt Sound, and things got at least acceptable.

After the last upgrade to 4.3, even Adapt Sound isn't working anymore. I installed 3 or 4 third-part equalizer just to find none of them work neither with Spotify or the stock music player. My conclusion is that Samsung did something wrong and, in the end, ruined the S4 for hearing music with headphones.

I don't know it Spotify can do something, but please do try guys! URGENTLY!

Me too.  Any EQ doesn't work with 4.3 version.  When are they going to fix this.....I miss my EQ

YES!!! After the latest update to I9505XXUEMKF it works. And the cracking sound you could hear with low volume is also gone. Thanx Samsung!!!

Edit: It seems like  the music starts without the eq a short while (about 0.5 s) and the eq turns on.  And after playing a while and then press pause...  plug the earphones out first. I almost became deaf. A volume  peak just before it stops. It must be Spotify because when I play music using other apps it works whitout these strange phenomenon. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Hello guys, my galaxy s4 has just been upgraded to kit kat and the equalizer has stopped working I've been searching to see if anyone else has this problem since kit kat but can't seem to see anything about it

Equalizer (the 3rd party app) seems to still not be working, if it is enabled no sound is played or if sound is played it's only for a half second or so.  The builtin app (MusicFX)on the GS4 seems to have no effect on the music being played.

Spotify should have it's own build-in EQ. Poweramp has it and it always worked perfect on my S4. Infact, better then perfect, no third EQ comes even close to the quality of Poweramp's EQ.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Spotify, but they could learn something from the Poweramp guys.

Suggested posts