Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Note 2 error: "Bluetooth share has stopped" [SOLUTION FOUND!]

Solved!

Note 2 error: "Bluetooth share has stopped" [SOLUTION FOUND!]

Hi everyone,

The current Spotify version causes my Note 2 to give the error "unfortunately bluetooth share has stopped" every time a new song is played, which disconnects my wireless headphones. 

The update before that made Spotify give a warning that it can't see the SD card, then opening the app just gave a blank screen.

Anyone know a safe place to get an older Spotify APK? I guess about three months old? (Or a fix to make the current version work)

Samsung Note 2, Android 4.3. Not rooted.

Thanks!

Nitsan.

[UPDATE: SEE MY COMMENT BELOW FOR THE FIX]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wow! It seems that my message with the fix got deleted by whoever moderates this forum. 😮

Okay, maybe without links it won't get deleted:

I installed Spotify APK version 3.2.0.1197 from "APK mirror".

This fixed the issue, but I'm now even more amazed at this awful customer service from Spotify.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

We have identified that this problem affects all users on Samsung devices with Android OS version 4.3 running Spotify version 3.3.0. We have fixed this issue in Spotify version 3.4.0, which we hope to release very soon. Users can downgrade to Spotify 3.2.0 (as others have posted), wait for this Spotify 3.4.0 release, or, if possible, update to a new Android version.

We are very sorry for the inconvienence.

Marked as solution

Please see the above post: We have identified that this problem affects all users on Samsung devices with Android OS version 4.3 running Spotify version 3.3.0. We have fixed this issue in Spotify version 3.4.0, which we hope to release very soon. Users can downgrade to Spotify 3.2.0 (as others have posted), wait for this Spotify 3.4.0 release, or, if possible, update to a new Android version.
We are very sorry for the inconvienence.

Marked as solution

Well okay im out i will cancel my suscription. I don't gonna pay for an useless service. I have the same problem.

Marked as solution

Spotify Beta version 3.4.0.749 fixed the Bluetooth disconnect problem for me on my galaxy note 3.

Marked as solution

Spotify version 3.4.0, which resolves this issue is rolling out to everyone today. Sorry for the inconvenience again. We are working to ensure Bluetooth works well on all phones and issues like this don't occur again in the future.

75 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the latest update (v3.3.0.988). Every time I try to play a song through my wireless headphones or my bluetooth speakers, comes up the message "unfortunately buetooth share has stopped". It's VERY VERY annoying. Please, fix it!

Same problem here!! Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)

Iam having the same problem with Spotify current version, every time new song is played the bluetooth of my car (Ford sync) stop working. 

Someone knows how to downgrade to the last working version? or how to fix this annoying problem ??

Samsung S3 Android 4.3

Thanks.

Edmundo

I got a reply from customer service where the person actually said the following:

"We double checked your account and everything looks fine from our end. Just a heads up though, Spotify does not support playback through Bluetooth."

I'm not even sure how to answer something so stupid. I asked for my question to be sent to another customer service person.
Marked as solution

Wow! It seems that my message with the fix got deleted by whoever moderates this forum. 😮

Okay, maybe without links it won't get deleted:

I installed Spotify APK version 3.2.0.1197 from "APK mirror".

This fixed the issue, but I'm now even more amazed at this awful customer service from Spotify.

Hi, I have the same issue with my S3. With every new song, bluetooth sharing stops and reconnects after 5 seconds or so. This is now happening with the latest update de dato July 17. This is very annoying and apparently a lot of people experience the same issue. If Spotify replies that Spotify does not support bluetooth streaming then they clearly do not understand how their app is being used. I stream my music offline in the car and via my Bose Soundlink. This is 2015!

I hope Spotify takes this seriously and fixes the bug. Otherwise I don't see any use of my Premium account anymore!

See my fix in the comment above Philip.

I am having the same problem. Everytime the music changes the bluetooth disconnects from my car system. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and usualy use it connected to my Honda Civic's multimidia system.

Just follow the solution said by Nitsan..... this sounds like a problem that will take a while to solve via spotify support,

Edmundo.

S3 Android 4.3

Same issue here with a Samsung S3, Bluetooth connection dies between songs

I just tried what nitsan posted , works fine now.
Googled , spotify version 3.2.0.1197 apk mirror.

Thank you nitsan support. Spotify could surely use you on their support team

Hello everyone, I'm gonna try Nitsan's solution in a few minutes. I hope this would work.

I'm Premium account and sent and email yesterday to Spotify "support" reporting that not only my bluetooth dies on my Galaxy S4, but also my WIFI dies!...not a single reply from no one from them. Today I found a new available update, I believe is the 988 version, hoping this would fix the WIFI and Bluetooth problem on my phone...but nooouu, instead I'm finding a possible solution by another user who I thank sincerelly!.

It seems like instead going in the upgrade way, we must go the downgrade way. Amazing! Being stuck in one version forever is the solution thanks to Spotify. Just unbeliavable! Truly dissapointed on them, and thinking to cut my money on them for a disastrous work and go to the competition.

A phone functionality can't be crashed by just one app without being reported to the Android guys, and after that I wonder what Spotify would say when the Play Store decides to ban them!

Thanks again Nitsan, I'm gonna try your solution...sorry for the long post but I had to express my anger somewhere LOL.

To the few good remaining Spoti team, the app is amazing not no doubt until certain point (July 17), don't let the bad guys screw the product. Loyal people like me will not be that loyal when patience get its limit. Move on instead going down!

Thank for reading.
I

Love the service, albeit a few issues lately.

1) The new logo is UGLY. Whoever decided to take away the nice, shaded darker green logo and color scheme we love and replace it with a boring, solid, baby poop-colored logo and color scheme should rethink this. It clashes with the rest of the black and white color theme, and is unpleasant to look at. From what I've seen, people are very much in agreement.

2) On my Galaxy S3 SPHL710, Bluetooth crashes & Android says "Bluetooth share has stopped" every time the song changes (both manually skipping, or automatically). Closing the dialog, letting Bluetooth reconnect, and skipping songs causes it to happen again. And again. And again...

3) Spotify used to allow you to swipe through the "coming up" songs in a playlist, to pick the next one you want, without actually playing the song. Now, swiping actually plays the song instead of letting you just see it. This was/is a very important feature to me.

I think the general consensus is that people are tired of unnecessary changes to the app. Whatever management decisions were made to cause the quality of code to go down (why are we getting so many updates to an app over 20MB in size, several times a week?), to cause the logo color to be changed, etc... these management changes need to be undone if Spotify really wants to stay on top. Apple music is going to draw in many people, and Spotify needs to step up their game or the service is going to crumble. Don't take away the features your customers want. Give them a stable app. Listen to them!

Anyways, a simple downgrade to 3.2.0.1197 via apkmirror.com resolved the crashes, got rid of the ugly logo, and brought back features that are very important to me. Side note: Remember to disable automatic updates, or the new version will automatically install.

Made me laugh about the poop-colored logo. 🙂

I totally agree. No need for so many changes. And yeah, the new logo is super ugly.

I've disabled automatic updates on all my apps. if I don't, I get a constant bombardment of issues. I update them manually when needed.

UPDATE:

It seems that my request to speak to another customer service person actually worked! A different person replied to me today and they are trying to help with the issue.

I told them it's an issue many people are having, so hopefully they will update the app with a fix sometime soon.

For anyone looking for the fix, it is in my comment in the first page. 

The downgrade solution didn´t work for me as I´m currently at non spotify country I guess...

Also must inform that I had a reply from Spotify and goes like this:

Hello Sammy,

Thanks for your email. This sounds very strange!

Is this only happening when you start the Spotify app or is the same problem occurring with other apps as well?

Could you please get back to us with which version of Android you are using right now and while you are waiting for a reply I would suggest you try restarting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day,

John
....wait and see

Spotify Customer Support

It's not really good enough from Spotify though is it? I'm having the same issue and signed up for this community forum just to research what to do.

Streaming via Bluetooth to my car is the main reason I have a Spotify premium subscription, if I can't do that I cancel it. 

Such an arrogant attitude to a previously good service.

Thanks. Your solution works.

I don't think Spotify like us using bluetooth radio cos it costst them for more plays.

I cancelled my subscription until this is fixed. Please everyone do the same. This is unbelievable

Suggested posts