Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification and lock screen controls not available on Android 7.0 Nougat

Notification and lock screen controls not available on Android 7.0 Nougat

Music controls in the notification shade and lock screen only work about half the time. The app has full notification permissions, and battery optimization is off.

Also, streaming to my Chromecast Audio cuts out often. Streaming from my desktop works fine.
88 Replies

Mine too, Huawei P9 Plus (EMUI 5.0)

Yes, having similar problems with Huawei Mate 8 running Android 7.0 (EMUI 5). No lock screen album art any more 😞

Honor 8, Nougat - lock screen widget very imprecise, and Smart-cover window shows no controls. Other music apps are fine. Tried the latest Spotify beta, to no avail.

I almost crashed my car and died because of this problem 😡😡😡 please fix this... plz... somebody....😧😧😧

Solved just go to the applications and enable all the notifications 😉

That was of course the first thing I tried, doesn't help.
Mind that we're not talking about the presence of normal lock screen widget here, but that it is working badly, and totally missing from the window of smart covers.

darn don't use ur phone while driving! Thats stupid.

I have the same issue on Honor 8 and EMUI 5. I know this is not EMUI fault as other music playing apps are working fine on lockscreen as well as built-in music player.
It is just plain annoying.

when looks like this, it doesn't reactwhen looks like this, it doesn't reacthere it works ONLY when you hit the Pause button for going back, forward button as play/pause, and hitting art album will give you forward buttonhere it works ONLY when you hit the Pause button for going back, forward button as play/pause, and hitting art album will give you forward buttonwhen like this, it workswhen like this, it works

Same problem with my honor 8. Only since the update to emui 5 and now the full screen lockscreen and smart cover window don't show Spotify controls. I had hoped it would be fixed in an update but alas...

Exactly ... as the EMUI 5 has Android 7, the Spotify needs to fix this lockscreen widget OR Huawei needs to allow other applications use lockscreen music player controls, so it will look like in the EMUI 4.1 (Android 6). 

Same problem here (Huawei P9 Plus)...

same problem with my spotify on my Huawei P9 mobile suddenly stop playing music after a few minutes while on locked screen.

I think that in your case (stopping playing music when locked screen), it seems more like the Huaweis battery saving options enabled. If you go to Settings -> Battery, you should turn off all things that are related to closing apps when they drain "too much energy" and stuff like that. 

(Honor 8, EMUI 5.0)

The Problem: Using Lockscreen, Hitting "next song" stops the currently playing song. Hitting "next song" another time will then play the next song. Sometimes, if you hit the album / song picture it will play the next song.

What I found out:

Situation: A song is playing right now. The Screen is off. I turn the Screen on (Lockscreen), the spotify notification shows the song playing as usual. I hit the "next song" button -> The song stops (as if you would hit the "stop/play" button. I hit the "next song" button again and the next song then starts to play. AND NOW the thing I found out. IF you now hit the album / song picture it will play the next song. BUT: now if you hit the normal "next song" button, it will then work and the next songs starts again. And then you have to hit the picture again, then again the normal button, then the picture again and so on and so on.

I hope you understand what I mean. It seems as if the control panel moves to the right side at every second song. (But the seeable panel stays where it should be resulting in the song stopping, when you hit "next song" or the next song starting when you hit the "picture")

I uploaded a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbVy8vFkJjw

(or search for it on youtube if you don't trust the link)

Name: Honor 8 (EMUI 5.0) Spotify: Lockscreen Bug

Uploader: Marco Schneider

@Striker1909 wrote:

(Honor 8, EMUI 5.0)

The Problem: Using Lockscreen, Hitting "next song" stops the currently playing song. Hitting "next song" another time will then play the next song. Sometimes, if you hit the album / song picture it will play the next song.

What I found out:

Situation: A song is playing right now. The Screen is off. I turn the Screen on (Lockscreen), the spotify notification shows the song playing as usual. I hit the "next song" button -> The song stops (as if you would hit the "stop/play" button. I hit the "next song" button again and the next song then starts to play. AND NOW the thing I found out. IF you now hit the album / song picture it will play the next song. BUT: now if you hit the normal "next song" button, it will then work and the next songs starts again. And then you have to hit the picture again, then again the normal button, then the picture again and so on and so on.

I hope you understand what I mean. It seems as if the control panel moves to the right side at every second song. (But the seeable panel stays where it should be resulting in the song stopping, when you hit "next song" or the next song starting when you hit the "picture")

I uploaded a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbVy8vFkJjw

(or search for it on youtube if you don't trust the link)

Name: Honor 8 (EMUI 5.0) Spotify: Lockscreen Bug

Uploader: Marco Schneider

Yes, exactly. I put a reply with some screenshots a page back, that shows the same behaviour.
And honestly, I don't know who to blame, if the Google for Android 7 and who knows what rules and policies enforces how widgets should operate, Huawei for the EMUI for this weird widget functions, or the Spotify for that lockscreen widget.

it seems that even it will not in the lockscreen mode it will stop/pause sunddenly while playing I already try fixed in the power saving mode for the spotify apps still not fixing the problem.

Same here on P9 Lite EMUI 5

Add the spotify widget to the homescreen. This brings up the controls in the notification bar and the lock screen. You can then delete the widget if you want to.

Yes, but this does NOT provide the old style fullscreen Spotify lock screen image. Is there any way to achieve this?

Haha I'm a new android user. Just switched from an iPhone and Nougat is the first Android OS I'm using, so this is all I know

Suggested posts