Notification widget like button issues

Notification widget like button issues

priesh
Visitor

I'm using premium on the latest Android P on a Pixel.

The like button in the notification widget does not match the state in the app. E.g. If a song is playing that I have already liked, in the app it shows the solid heart as it should, but in the notification widget the like button heart is not solid.

I've attached a screenshot that shows this issue.

Any fix for this bug?

Cheers!

Screenshot_20190803-130403~2.png
9 Replies

Re: Notification widget like button issues

AestenD

I'm having this same issue, but its intermittent. It doesn't have to be a previously liked song either. I'll like a song and the notification doesn't change. This goes along with the btton just plain not working. I'll have to open the app fully to be able to like. This is a fairly recent issue.

ZenDis
Casual Listener

Having an issue with the like button (on notification panel) as well - just not working.

Everything else there works (play/pause, fwd/back, open app) but not the like button.

Been having this for couple of weeks now. Perhaps after latest android update, but I'm not completely sure.

evfal
Casual Listener

I'm on Android 9 and I have the same problem. Like button just doesn't work.

I can touch hundred times, it does nothing.

Having this issue since a couple of month.

Premium user

Samsung S10e

lsdkjflksdf
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue: the like (heart) button in my notification drawer does not do anything. 

Android 10

Pixel 3

Spotify version 8.5.24.762

MusicMan7

Same problem, broken button.

Pixel 2, Android 10, premium user.

szrb
Android 8 here and the issue is still here.

monapasan

Android 10 (Google pixel 2) same problem. Like button does nothing. Please fix it - I feel like this is a very basic functionality

rascomar90

I am having this same issue on my Pixel 3XL. It registers a touch because I see the circle outlines when I press on the heart button, but it doesn't do anything. I have to go into the app to like a song. 

lsdkjflksdf
Casual Listener

The heart button in the notification is now working for me! Spotify version 8.5.27.957 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 (latest as of today).

SUGGESTED POSTS