Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification widget like button issues

Solved!

Notification widget like button issues

I'm using premium on the latest Android P on a Pixel.

The like button in the notification widget does not match the state in the app. E.g. If a song is playing that I have already liked, in the app it shows the solid heart as it should, but in the notification widget the like button heart is not solid.

I've attached a screenshot that shows this issue.

Any fix for this bug?

Cheers!

Screenshot_20190803-130403~2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and currently looking into.

If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote to this Ongoing Issue thread.

We'll make sure to keep you posted with any updates as soon as we have them.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I'm having this same issue, but its intermittent. It doesn't have to be a previously liked song either. I'll like a song and the notification doesn't change. This goes along with the btton just plain not working. I'll have to open the app fully to be able to like. This is a fairly recent issue.

Having an issue with the like button (on notification panel) as well - just not working.

Everything else there works (play/pause, fwd/back, open app) but not the like button.

Been having this for couple of weeks now. Perhaps after latest android update, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm on Android 9 and I have the same problem. Like button just doesn't work.

I can touch hundred times, it does nothing.

Having this issue since a couple of month.

Premium user

Samsung S10e

I'm having the same issue: the like (heart) button in my notification drawer does not do anything. 

Android 10

Pixel 3

Spotify version 8.5.24.762

Same problem, broken button.

Pixel 2, Android 10, premium user.

Android 8 here and the issue is still here.

Android 10 (Google pixel 2) same problem. Like button does nothing. Please fix it - I feel like this is a very basic functionality

I am having this same issue on my Pixel 3XL. It registers a touch because I see the circle outlines when I press on the heart button, but it doesn't do anything. I have to go into the app to like a song. 

The heart button in the notification is now working for me! Spotify version 8.5.27.957 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 (latest as of today).

That version doesn't work for me, Pixel 2XL Android 10 newest security update. 

The like button in the notification widget is still not working for me either.

Spotify version 8.5.36.747 on Android 10 on a Oneplus 7 Pro (premium user).

This has been broken for more than half a year now - I even switched phones in the meantime (from an Essential PH-1 on Android 10). Would be very nice to get the functionality back!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and currently looking into.

If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote to this Ongoing Issue thread.

We'll make sure to keep you posted with any updates as soon as we have them.

Cheers!

Suggested posts